Woman & Home South Africa

How to ace your MENOPAUSE and beyond

PERIMENOPAUSE

When?

Typically between the ages of 45 and 51.

What’s happening?

Women are often unaware that they’re entering perimenopause, which can be distressing. Symptoms of hot flushes and night sweats can start five or more years before your periods stop at menopause. Nutritionist Dr Sarah Brewer says, “During perimenopause, ovaries produce fewer and weaker follicles until, eventually, you stop ovulating. Only 12% of women just wake up one day and never have another period.” The other 88% notice fluctuations, with their cycles being

Vous lisez un aperçu, inscrivez-vous pour en lire plus.

Plus de Woman & Home South Africa

Woman & Home South Africa1 min de lecture
Treat Yourself
MARTINIQUE STEVENS; THATO PULE FOR WHERE TO BUY, SEE STOCKISTS PAGE ATWOMANANDHOMEMAGAZINE.CO.ZA PRODUCTS AND PRICES CHECKED AT TIME OF GOING TO PRINT*; SEE PAGE 156 ■
Woman & Home South Africa1 min de lecture
Scrub, soften & GLOW
I recently looked at a colleague’s forearm – she’s 10 years older than me, yet her skin was easily 10 years younger. “Dry body brushing,” she said. “Heard it before,” you say, but do you do it? If you mainly concentrate on buffing below the waist...
Woman & Home South Africa8 min de lecture
Family ROYALTY
Think celebs like Tom Hanks, Catherine-Zeta-Jones and Jim Carrey, and you may be surprised to hear they are grandparents. So, too, are Whoopi Goldberg and Mick Jagger, who’ve joined the prestigious ranks of great-grandparents. According to experts, t