Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 2



1. These are the essential conditions for applying a court marriage in Delhi.
2. There should not be subsisting valid marriage of either of the parties with
any other person.
3. The bridegroom should be of twenty-one (21) years and bride should be of
eighteen (18) years of age.
4. The parties should not be of unsoundness of mind of such a nature as to be
unable to give valid consent for
the marriage, or suffering from mental
disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and
procreation of children, or has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity.
5. The parties should not fall within the degree of prohibited relationship.


1. According to SECTION 5 of the Special Marriage Act-1954. A notice

should be given to the marriage officer by the parties of marriage or marriage
2. Documents required for the Performance & Registration of court Marriage...
3. Passport Size Photographs - four each of Marrying Persons.
4. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Card / Driving License /
Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons.
5. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th
Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons.
6. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the
7. If any party is widow / widower Death Documents required for the
Performance & Registration of court Marriage.
8. If marriage was solemnized in a religious place, a certificate from the priest
is required who solemnized the marriage.
9. 2-4 witnesses with ID & Address proof along with 2 passport size
10.Rs. 100/- in case of Hindu Marriage Act and Rs.150/- in case of Special
Marriage Act to be deposited with the cashier of District and the receipt
should be attached with the application form.

11. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Budhist, Jain and Sikh
religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the
marriage(in case of Hindu Marriage Act)
12. Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more
than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO)