Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 2

Using Mullins Library to Find Articles: Sydney Peterson

010663012
Summary:
The article states that happy employees are empowered and
have a sense of purpose that they come to work every day and feel
good about the people theyre working with and working for. The article
also states that the really glowing reviews came from employees who
adore their bosses, understand their companys vision and feel valued.
Advertising Age set out to identify the best places to work in
advertising, ad-tech and media. It looked at compensation, benefits
packages and hiring practices, and work-life balance. Special perks,
diversity and career development opportunities were also considered
when identifying the best places to work.
50 companies were selected. As stated in the article, they give
the entire industry something to aspire to. New York-based Buck
Consultants formed two surveys with Ad Ages input. The employee
survey counted for 60% of a companys score and the other 40%
accounted for the employer survey. More than 21,000 people were
surveyed. Also, any agency, ad-tech or media company with more than
40 full-time employees in the U.S. was eligible. The top three places to
work are Metric Theory in San Francisco, California, Amnet Group in
Fort Worth, Texas, and The Ramey Agency in Jackson, Mississippi.
URL: http://0search.proquest.com.library.uark.edu/docview/1734376002?pqorigsite=summon
Title of article: Best Places to Work
Author of article: Anonymous. Advertising Age
Date article was written: November 16, 2015
Extra Credit:
Summary:
As stated, this article takes a retrospective look at how the
ethnography of communication disorders has contributed to our
understanding of communication disorders since its inception in the
late 1980s. According to Kovarsky, it is argued that ECD has enriched
our understanding in many ways. Some of these understandings
include, the epistemological foundations of communication disorders,
illuminated the interactional patterning of assessment and
intervention, supported the development of alternate models of
treatment, and led to the development of a new unit of analysis for
representing the nature of communication disorders and the outcomes
of our helping practices. This article includes an introduction, the

contributions of ECD, and a conclusion. Within the contribution of ECD,


there are three more topics: the epistemology of communication
disorders, clinical discourse and the emergence of new approaches to
therapy, and the nature of communication disorders and
communicative participation as an emerging a unit of analysis.
Under the clinical discourse and emergence of new approaches
to therapy, examples are given through dialogue of a therapist and a
child. In the conclusion, Kovarsky explains that investigations into ECD
reveal that people with disorders of communication occupy a kind of
cultural borderland hovering on the periphery of full participation in
social life. She says that one challenge she has faced is how to
integrate this ethnographically oriented perspective on communication
disorders and intervention outcomes into models of EBP that are
dominated by an epistemology of logical positivism. Kovarsky ends her
article by saying the most encouraging development to her has been
the establishment of her article. She lamented the fact that there was
not a journal to foster ethnographic and ethnomathodological research
into communication disorders.
URL: http://0search.proquest.com.library.uark.edu/docview/1807476331?pqorigsite=summon
Title of article: A Retrospective Look at the Ethnography of
Communication Disorders
Author of article: Kovarsky, Dana
Date article was written: 2016