Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 11

TAFE NSW OTEN Enrolment Conditions


study @ your own pace @ your own place

OTEN – study @ your own pace @ your own place!
Can’t make it to class at your local TAFE college? a face-to-face component, workshops, practicals
Live too far away? Work irregular hours? Have or in the workplace.
family commitments or is travel too difficult?
Then studying with the Open Training and As a student with OTEN you have the opportunity
Education Network (OTEN) may be the answer to study where it best suits you, and when –
for you. Whether you’re looking for your first job, at home, in the workplace, at the local library,
a promotion, a career change or you just need at night, on weekends or in your holidays. OTEN
extra knowledge and skills, OTEN can help. enrolment applications are accepted continuously
for most of the year or until course places are
OTEN is the specialist distance education and filled. You start studying as soon as you receive
training provider of TAFE NSW, the largest your learning materials or, for online study, as
vocational education and training organisation in soon as you are given access to your online
Australia. TAFE NSW understands that everyone learning website. OTEN is open 50 weeks a year
has different vocational and educational needs and also has a student website that supports all
and is committed to helping you develop real students at any time of the day or night.
skills for real careers.
Read this guide carefully. It provides the information you
OTEN offers over 250 qualifications and courses, need to apply to enrol.
and accepts applications to enrol from students
all over NSW, from other states and territories Now is the time to make a decision that may change the
of Australia and overseas. Last year over 35 000 rest of your life!
students studied through OTEN. Our courses and
programs are flexible and may be delivered in
many ways – online, CD, printed learning
materials, audio, video or some may have

This guide is published by the Student Services Unit TAFE NSW – Western Sydney Institute, Open Training and
Education Network, Strathfield NSW 2135

© OTEN 2007

This work is copyright. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, as amended,
no part may be reproduced by any process without the prior written permission of the publisher.

ABN 36 459 049 947

This guide is correct at the time of printing. However some changes may occur
as enrolment information is updated or replaced. Check the latest information
online at www.tafensw.edu.au/oten or contact OTEN Course Information on 1300
362 346.

 - Introduction
What is in this Guide? NSW Department of Education and Training,
Multicultural Programs Unit (MPU)

This guide give you the information you need to know Phone : 02 9244 5324
prior to studying with TAFE NSW.
Fax : 02 9244 5381
Use the guide as a reference and check the latest
information online at www.tafensw.edu.au/oten or
contact Course Information How much does it cost?
The 2007 TAFE NSW Handbook contains information
When you apply to enrol or re-enrol with OTEN
about courses at all colleges of TAFE NSW and is available
you will need to pay the TAFE NSW fee and the
at newsagents and online at www.tafensw.edu.au
OTEN Student Materials and Handling Charge
Please ensure you read your OTEN Course Information (except for TAFE PLUS programs which have
Leaflet and these enrolment conditions before different fees and enrolment conditions.) Some
submitting your OTEN enrolment application. students may be eligible for an exemption from
the TAFE NSW fee (see below). Please be aware
Note: It is important to us that you have all the that OTEN does not provide third party invoices.
information you need to choose the course or Payment is required on submission of an
program that is right for you. If you need more enrolment application.
help, contact a Course Information officer or one
of our career counsellors to discuss your vocational
needs. See page 9. TAFE NSW fee
If enrolling before 31 May 2007, you need to pay
the annual TAFE NSW fee and the OTEN Student
Recognition Materials and Handling Charge (see page 4).
The annual TAFE NSW fee may be paid in two
TAFE NSW provides a means of assessing and instalments. The first instalment and the full OTEN
recognising your relevant previous learning and Student Materials and Handling Charge are paid
current work experience so you may avoid when you submit your enrolment application. The
repeating what you already know. In this way, you second instalment must be paid by 31 May 2007
may complete your studies faster or gain entry to regardless of the month you enrol and the amount
a higher level qualification. of study you have completed prior to 31 May 2007.
You may also need to pay other charges related to
Have you completed a TAFE NSW course? Have you your course. These will be outlined on the Course
gained a qualification from other educational Information Leaflet for your course. If you apply to
providers? Do you have current work experience? enrol between 31 May 2007 and 3 August 2007,
You may hold the relevant knowledge, skills and you pay the mid-year rate of the TAFE NSW fee
experience to apply for recognition. and the full OTEN Student Materials and Handling
Charge (see below).
You may receive recognition for one or more units,
up to a full qualification in which you are enrolled.
Your application for recognition is assessed after TAFE NSW fee for 2007
your OTEN enrolment application is approved. The
minimum amount of recognition granted is for an Qualification/course Annual fee Mid-year
entire unit. $(AUD) rate $(AUD)
Statements and other 328 164
For a recognition pack, contact:
short courses
OTEN Recognition HelpDesk Certificate I and II 384 192

Phone : 02 9715 8486 or 1300 362 165 Certificate III 600 300
Certificate IV 816 408
Email : oten.recognitionhelp@tafensw.edu.au
Diploma 1086 543
For advice on having the qualifications you gained Advanced Diploma 1302 651
overseas recognised by TAFE NSW contact:

OTEN Multicultural Education and Support Unit The TAFE NSW fee is applied differently for:
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
Phone : 02 9715 8676 or 1800 637 535
– who are exempt from paying the TAFE NSW fee
Fax : 02 9715 8549 • Apprentices and New Entrant Trainees

Introduction - 
– 2007 TAFE NSW fee is capped at $384 for
Department of Education and Training (DET)
2007 Student calendar approved apprentices and trainees
• students with a disability – who are eligible for
and important dates* one exemption from the TAFE NSW fee per year
if they are on a Commonwealth benefit or a
client of a Teacher/Consultant for students with
a disability
• some access and preparation courses. These
6 November 2006
include programs in literacy, numeracy, career
2007 OTEN enrolment applications open opportunities, employment skills and work
readiness and do not attract the TAFE NSW fee.
27 April 2007
Closing date for mid-year exam applications OTEN Student Materials and
Handling Charge
31 May 2007
This charge partially offsets additional costs
Mid-year enrolment applications open at OTEN associated with distance delivery, including
development of your learning materials, handling
24 June 2007 and posting. The OTEN Student Materials and
Handling Charge must be included with your
Last day to submit assignments and return completed tests if enrolment application.
finishing your OTEN studies mid-year.

TAFE NSW Semester 1 ends OTEN Student Materials and Handling Charge:
$ 50 per enrolment application, per year
3 August 2007
if living in Australia
2007 OTEN enrolments and co-enrolment applications close $ 120 per enrolment application, per year
if living overseas
Contact the relevant teaching section for your study options

TAFE PLUS program enrolments remain open

21 September 2007
Last day to add additional units to your current
OTEN enrolment

28 September 2007
Closing date for end of year exam applications

5 November 2007
2008 OTEN enrolment applications open

15 November 2007
Last day to submit assignments and return completed tests

2 December 2007
TAFE NSW Semester 2 ends

(*Except for HSC and CGVE courses, and special programs)

 - Introduction
Financial assistance to study and A refund of the TAFE NSW fee may be given if you:

exemption from the TAFE NSW fee • have paid the TAFE NSW fee then receive
Youth Allowance or Austudy within two weeks
Financial assistance to study may be available of your enrolment date or the dispatch of your
through Centrelink. For information contact: learning materials from OTEN. You will need
Centrelink to provide proof of when your payment to
study commenced.
Online at : www.centrelink.gov.au • enrol in a course only to repeat a failed unit but
Phone : 132490 for Youth Allowance, Austudy are then granted a pass in that unit by an
or Pensioner Education Supplement Assessment Review Committee
• enrol in a course which is cancelled by OTEN
: 132317 for ABSTUDY
• paid the full annual TAFE NSW fee and withdraw
You may be eligible for an exemption from the or complete your course with OTEN or another
TAFE NSW fee if you receive an eligible TAFE NSW college before 24 June 2007. You
Commonwealth benefit. You must still pay the may be eligible for a half year refund.
OTEN Student Materials and Handling Charge. • apply within four weeks from your enrolment
Section 8 of the OTEN 2007 Enrolment Application date and have not participated in your studies.
form sets out the eligible benefits and the type of Refer to page 7.
documentation you need to provide with your • believe you have a case for a refund because of
enrolment application. You may only receive ONE ‘exceptional circumstances’. You must support
exemption of the TAFE NSW fee per year. If you your request in writing and apply to the OTEN
wish to apply to enrol in a second course, you Refund Committee.
must pay the course fees and charges.

Course related charges

Course related charges
A refund of course related charges may be given:
Some courses may have additional charges which
cover the cost of practicals, consumables, services, • if OTEN cancels a practical or workshop
industry starter kits or basic tools used by the • if you paid for a practical or workshop and
student. Check your Course Information Leaflet notify OTEN within a minimum of 7 working
carefully before submitting your enrolment days of your inability to attend. If OTEN outlays
application, to ensure that you are aware of all the payment for services, such as accommodation
fees and charges involved. Course related charges or meal vouchers which are non-refundable,
may not be required when submitting your the student will incur the cost and only a refund
enrolment application. of any remaining monies will be issued.
• under ‘exceptional circumstances’. You need
If you are behind in paying any outstanding TAFE
to support your request, in writing, to the
NSW fee, charge or fine, your testamur or course
Head Teacher.
results from TAFE NSW will not be issued. Please
ensure you pay these before applying to enrol. A refund will not be issued:
• if materials, equipment or resources received
remain the property of the student
Refunds • after a practical or workshop, if you do not
attend or give adequate prior notification.

TAFE NSW fee You may be eligible for a refund of tuition fees in
A refund of the TAFE NSW fee may be given in special circumstances. For information related to
exceptional circumstances. Exceptional specific student categories, refer to page 10.
circumstances do not include changes in your
personal, employment or study situation that There are no refunds of the OTEN
prevent you from continuing your studies, such Student Materials and Handling
as change of job, an unforseen increase in your Charge or TAFE PLUS program fees,
workload, moving interstate or overseas, once enrolled.
or moving house.

Introduction - 
Applying and enrolling No – make sure you meet the entry requirements
for the course in which you wish to apply to enrol.
at OTEN Entry requirements are outlined in your Course
Information Leaflet. If paying by credit card you may be
OTEN’s enrolment period commences 6 November able to apply to enrol online .
2006 until 3 August 2007, or until course places Online at : www.tafensw.edu.au/oten
are filled. and go to Courses.

Note: If applying for an exemption from the TAFE

NSW fee, you must still include payment of the
OTEN Student Materials and Handling Charge.
Don’t wait too long to put in
your enrolment application.
Step 3
Courses only remain open for
enrolment while places are available. If you think you may be eligible for recognition
of your previous learning and your current work
Once course places have been filled,
experience, you are encouraged to apply for
no more enrolment applications can recognition at the same time as submitting your
be accepted. enrolment application or shortly after enrolment.
For more information see page 3, or visit
High demand courses can fill quickly, www.tafensw.edu.au/oten and go to Recognition.
and may close before the mid-year
enrolment date 31 May 2007. Step 4
So that you don’t miss out, you To complete your enrolment application, you
should apply to enrol early. need to:
• complete and sign the OTEN Enrolment
Application form, including the student details
page which provides important information for
A step-by-step guide to applying TAFE NSW to plan to meet the needs of our
and enrolling students. Your course may also have other
forms to be completed. The OTEN Enrolment
Step 1 Application form is available online at
www.tafensw.edu.au/oten or through
Have you read this Guide and your Course OTEN Course Information
Information Leaflet? • provide appropriate and adequate documents
or evidence, as requested
These documents provide you with general
enrolment conditions and important information • attach payment for the TAFE NSW fee, OTEN
about studying with OTEN. Student Materials and Handling Charge, TAFE
PLUS fee or any other applicable course related
charges, or include your credit card details.
Step 2 Payment of fees and charges is only accepted in
Australian dollars.
Do you need to submit an OTEN Course
Application, Selection Application resource Due to increased global security measures, OTEN
checklist or other form, such as a practical is now required to display a contact phone number
application or documentation to support your on the outside of all items posted overseas.
claim for an exemption from the TAFE NSW fee? Students living overseas must provide a contact
phone number with country and area codes
Yes – ensure you meet the entry requirements and
displayed on all postal items.
fully complete these additional forms or provide
adequate documentation when submitting your
enrolment application. If these forms or
documents are not provided or completed your
enrolment application will be delayed, or it may
be returned to you. This will reduce the period of
time you may have to study in 2007.

 - Introduction
Step 5 TAFEcard
Submitting your enrolment application
You will need a TAFEcard to visit and use the
You may apply to enrol with OTEN online, by fax , facilities of TAFE NSW colleges, borrow from their
by mail, or in person. libraries and sit for an exam or a test. OTEN
students are able to ask for a TAFEcard at any
For security reasons, no cash is accepted. college of TAFE NSW. OTEN is not able to
We accept payment by: issue TAFEcards.
• Credit card – Visa and MasterCard
• Personal or bank cheque or money order
payable to OTEN What happens when
• EFTPOS – in person at the counter at OTEN
Course Information
I enrol?
Online at : www.tafensw.edu.au/oten and go to Once OTEN receives your enrolment application
Courses – for some courses, if paying and correct payment and your enrolment is
by credit card. approved, you will receive:
• a Receipt of Money/Tax Invoice
Fax : 02 9715 8411 – if paying by credit card.
• a Confirmation of Enrolment letter. You will
Mail : OTEN Student Services – Enrolments need this to get your TAFEcard and for
Locked Bag 2012 Centrelink, if you receive payments to study.
Strathfield NSW 2135 • your learning materials or information on how
In person : visit OTEN Course Information, to access your online study. As you progress
Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm through your studies, you may add more units
until 21 September.
OTEN Course Information • access to the OTEN Learning Support (OLS) site.
51 Wentworth Road
• for most courses, an OTEN Student Guide and
Strathfield NSW 2135
Diary which outlines important information to
help you get started, online services and
enrolment conditions, including a copy of Every
Student’s Guide to Assessment in TAFE NSW.
Documentation Get it right
• a phone call or email to see if you need help
first time! getting started.
To ensure that your enrolment
application progresses smoothly,
it’s important that you provide
Active participation
current and complete documentation Active participation in your course
with your enrolment application. is a condition of your enrolment
Incomplete information or documents with OTEN. Active participation
may delay the start of your studies is submitting assignments, attending
or course places may be filled before practical sessions, if applicable,
your application is accepted. sitting exams or tests, submitting
an application for recognition,
If you think you are eligible for an accessing unit support pages on the
exemption from paying the TAFE OLS, completing units or making
NSW fee, the documents you need satisfactory progress in tutorial
to supply are outlined in Section 8 support. If you do not participate
of the OTEN 2007 Enrolment in your studies future enrolment
Application form. applications may be declined.

Introduction - 
How long will it take to Transferring your studies
complete a course? and co-enrolment
If OTEN offers the course/units you wish to study,
You are encouraged to start studying as soon
you can apply to transfer to OTEN or co-enrol with
as you receive your learning materials or online
OTEN in the same enrolment period, if places are
access. Although studying with OTEN is self-paced,
available. You do not have to pay the TAFE NSW
course time limits do apply, to ensure you are
fee (or approved fee exemption) but you are
given the maximum advantage to complete
required to pay the OTEN Student Materials and
your course.
Handling Charge.
There may also be set dates for practicals,
You cannot be enrolled in the same unit at
workshops and exams, if applicable.
two TAFE NSW colleges within the same
Recognition of previous learning and current enrolment period.
experience will mean that you may not have to
Important note: If you enrolled in Semester 1 only
study some units in your course and you may finish
at your TAFE NSW college, then co-enrol or
more quickly. Ask about recognition when you
transfer your course to OTEN, you must complete
apply to enrol.
the units/course you are co-enrolled/enrolled in
If you receive financial assistance from Centrelink with OTEN by 24 June 2007. If you paid by
to study, you must comply with the study time instalment, you need to pay your second
limits set by Centrelink. These may be less than the instalment by 31 May 2007 to continue studying
OTEN course time limit. your units/course with OTEN.

Will my study involve

Can’t attend classes due to
assessment? timetable clashes, work or family
commitments? Or your TAFE NSW
Most courses involve assessment, which may be
written assignments, tests, exams or practicals. college is not offering the unit you
When you begin your studies with OTEN, you will want to study? Co-enrolment in
be given detailed information about how you will one or more units with OTEN may
be assessed and how your results will be recorded be helpful.
and reported.

At OTEN, not all of these will have fixed dates.

To study by distance you need to plan a schedule
Sarah is studying a building and
of submitting your work and meeting your study
construction course and would like to
goals, and completing your course within the
time limit. apply for a position in building and design.
Although she attends classes at her local
Some courses have compulsory practicals, TAFE NSW college and likes the contact
workshops, tutorials or field trips. These sessions
with other students and teachers, she has
are usually organised in ‘blocks’ to reduce costs to
you. They may be held at other TAFE NSW colleges a young family and wants to study some
or specialist centres. units at home. Also, some of her classes
were held in the evening and she didn’t
If your course has exams or tests, you may apply to
like catching the late train home.
sit for these at your local TAFE NSW college. If you
live interstate or overseas, you may sit exams or Sarah co-enrolled in three units with
tests by private supervision. Private supervisors are
OTEN, which allows her to study at home,
reviewed for their suitability to conduct exam or
at her own pace. Sarah did not have to
test supervision by OTEN. Any charge for private
supervision is your responsibility. pay the TAFE NSW fee again, as she is
currently enrolled in the course with her
Tests may be sat at a time convenient to you and local TAFE NSW college, but she did need
the local TAFE NSW college. Exams are state wide,
to pay the OTEN Student Materials and
and are held at set times and dates twice a year –
in June and November/December. Handling Charge.

 - Introduction
To apply to transfer, complete an enrolment For more information contact:
adjustment form (available from any TAFE NSW
college), or to find out more about co-enrolment Freedom of Information and Privacy Unit
and transferring your course to OTEN Phone : 02 9561 8151
Visit: www.tafensw.edu.au/oten
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 1989 gives
Under specific circumstances you may transfer you the right to access many documents held by
from the OTEN course in which you are enrolled, most government agencies including TAFE NSW.
to another course within OTEN. For conditions
Visit: www.tafensw.edu.au/oten go to Enrolment, It is unlawful for a person to do anything publicly
Post Enrolment Information. This does not apply that could encourage or stir up hatred, serious
to TAFE PLUS programs. contempt or severe ridicule against you or others
on any grounds. If you feel you have been
discriminated against, contact your teacher
Your rights and or a TAFE NSW counsellor.

Making a complaint
OTEN, as part of TAFE NSW will do its best to
ensure that you have the opportunity to complete If you have a problem or complaint, you may
your course within the time limit (subject to your report it to any staff member. They will record
satisfactory progress), as outlined on the Course your concerns so it can be dealt with confidentially
Information Leaflet. and promptly. You may also submit your complaint
on a Suggestion or Complaint Form available from
In rare instances this may not be possible. In these
cases OTEN reserves the right to:
• withdraw any course or program The NSW Department of Education and Training
policy for Responding to Suggestions, Complaints and
• offer a course or programs other than
Allegations is online at www.det.nsw.edu.au/policies.
that advertised
• alter the dates for the whole or any part of the
course or program.
What support does
As an enrolled student of OTEN, you have certain
rights and responsibilities related to TAFE NSW OTEN offer?
instructions and rules. When you apply to enrol
you agree to abide by these when you submit your
Counselling and Careers Service
enrolment application. Student rights and
responsibilities are available online at Support is available before you apply to enrol with
www.tafensw.edu.au/students/rights.htm OTEN. You can contact the OTEN Counselling and
Careers Service to discuss your study options.
If you use a TAFE NSW internet or intranet Counsellors can also help you with your career and
website, or use computers that are the property educational planning and progress. This includes
of TAFE NSW, you must abide by Use of TAFE NSW study skills or any personal matters that make
Internet and Intranet Services guidelines. If you it hard for you to study.
do not follow TAFE NSW regulations in regard
to behaviour, disciplinary action may follow. Phone : 02 9715 8446 or 1300 655 993

When you enrol with TAFE NSW, the collection, Email : oten.counselling@tafensw.edu.au
storage, use and disclosure of the personal
information you provide is protected under the Individual Learning Centres (ILC)
Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act
Haven’t studied for a while? Need some support
1998. Any health information provided is
in literacy, numeracy or reading to help with your
protected under the Health Records and
studies? As an OTEN student you may visit the
Information Privacy Act 2002. Your personal and
Individual Learning Centre (ILC) at a TAFE NSW
private information is also protected and will not
college. Centres are open at nominated times
be disclosed without your approval. You are also
and operate like ‘drop-in’ centres.
entitled to access your information and make
corrections if necessary.

Introduction - 
Special needs support Australian citizens overseas
OTEN also offers support for people with special If you are an Australian citizen or Australian
study needs. This includes services for people from permanent resident living overseas you may apply
language backgrounds other than English, to enrol, but you must provide certified proof of
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students your Australian citizenship or residency status
and people with a disability. when applying to enrol. You are required to pay
the TAFE NSW fee and the $120 OTEN Student
Phone : 02 9715 8679 or 1300 362 890 Materials and Handling Charge.
Fax : 02 9715 8549
You can still be at school
TAFE NSW Libraries The vocational education and training for school
As a student enrolled at OTEN, you can visit students program allows Year 11 and 12 students
libraries at any TAFE NSW college. You will need a to get a head start by studying Vocational
TAFEcard or you may be able to register as a Education and Training (VET) courses as part
library borrower using your Enrolment of the HSC.
Confirmation letter. To find out more about Find information on TVET courses:
college library locations and services, and to view
the TAFE NSW Online Catalogue, go to http://wsi. Online at : www.tafensw.edu.au/oten/tvet
Phone : 02 9715 8153 or 1300 554 014
Interstate students may also access the TAFE
Libraries-National Reciprocal borrowing scheme, Email : oten.tvet@tafensw.edu.au
allowing students of participating TAFE libraries to
register and borrow materials in person from any
other participating TAFE library in any other state. Traineeships combine work with training so you
To access this service and for any other enquiries, can earn as you learn. You need to gain a
email WSIOTENLibraryServices@det.nsw.edu.au traineeship position with an employer before
applying to enrol with OTEN. OTEN delivers
OTEN Learning Support courses for New Entrant and Existing Worker
The OTEN Learning Support (OLS) site provides trainees by distance.
support to all enrolled OTEN students. The OLS There is a fixed TAFE NSW fee for all Department
gives you the opportunity to get frequent updates of Education and Training (DET) approved
on your course and unit/s, study progress and traineeship enrolments and the OTEN Student
supplementary study resources. You can also Materials and Handling Charge does not apply.
contact your teachers by email and correspond (Note: Where an exemption to the TAFE NSW fee
with other OTEN students. is approved, you will need to pay the OTEN
You can take a virtual tour of the OLS before you Student Materials and Handling Charge.)
apply to enrol at www.ols.oten.edu.au
Find information about traineeships:
If you do not have the internet at home, you can
access the OLS through computers at TAFE NSW Online at : www.newapprenticeships.gov.au
colleges and public libraries, and other private Phone : 1800 639 629
internet facilities.
For information on traineeship courses
Don’t worry if you do not have access to the and enrolment contact the
internet, as teachers will forward you new OTEN Traineeship Coordinator:
information released on the OLS in hard copy
through the post. Phone : 02 9715 8406 or 1300 362 418

Students on Visas
Who studies with OTEN? Temporary Visa Holders

Minimum age If you hold a temporary visa, subject to certain

conditions, you may be eligible to apply to enrol
The minimum age for studying at TAFE NSW with OTEN. Depending on the type of visa
is 15 years. sub-class you hold, you may also need to pay

10 - Introduction
tuition fees. People living overseas
When applying to enrol you must provide a People living overseas who are not Australian
certified copy of: citizens or Australian permanent residents may
• your passport showing your visa sub-class or apply to enrol with OTEN. Fees and charges
are calculated on the hours attached to each unit
• certified documentation from the Department
within a course. Hours for each unit within a course
of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA).
are listed on the Course Information Leaflet.
Your enrolment application will not be accepted if
For more information:
you cannot complete your studies before your visa
expires. OTEN is not responsible for the non- Online at : www.tafensw.edu.au/oten
completion of your course if you are required to leave and go to Enrolment, Students on Visas

TAFE NSW conducts random audits twice a year

verifying an enrolled student’s residency status
with DIMA. You may be contacted and required
Certified copy
to provide proof of your residency status. False Certified copy means that the
claims about your residency can lead to original document has been sighted
disciplinary action. and a copy of it has been signed and
International students on student visas dated by the organisation that
issued the original document or by a
If you are the principal visa holder of a student government official, such as a Public
visa, living in Australia and you are enrolled
Notary or Justice of the Peace.
full-time at another TAFE NSW college or with
another CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Alternatively, you may show your
Institutes and Courses for Overseas Students) original documents to TAFE NSW
approved provider, you may apply to enrol staff or at OTEN Course Information
or co-enrol with OTEN. who will sight, copy and verify your
When applying to enrol you will need: original documents.
• written approval from your TAFE NSW
Institute’s International Student Coordinator
• certified proof of your visa class and your
full-time enrolment with your CRICOS provider.

Find information on enrolment conditions:

Online at : www.tafensw.edu.au/oten
and go to Enrolment, Students on Visas

Course Information

Email : oten.courseinfo@tafensw.edu.au

Phone : 02 9715 8333 or 1300 362 346

Fax : 02 9715 8445

OTEN Multicultural Education and Support Unit

Phone : 02 9715 8676 or 1800 637 535

Fax : 02 9715 8549

Introduction - 11