Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 4

Demo Reel Breakdown

Please note: all CG elements in the shots listed below were created by a 3d artist. I was responsible for combining and colour correcting the various 3d layers (ie texture, ambient occlusion, diffusion, specular, shadow, reflection, z-depth) .

The Darkest Hour / 2011, Feature film. I composited and colour corrected the CG submarine and CG water. The matte painting of the sky was done by another artist. Software used: Nuke.

The Book of Eli / 2010, Feature film. I rotoscoped the foreground characters and placed them over a matte painting of a postapocalypse world. Colour corrected CGI boats. Software used: Shake.

Knight and Day / 2010, Feature film. For these two shots, I composited the first shot entirely by myself. A CG car and debris were created for me. I also added in smoke and spark elements. For the second shot, I composited the CG rolling truck/debris/smoke. Other compositors keyed the foreground vehicle (which was shot on a green screen) and composited the CG tractor-trailer and tunnel. I supervised the final result. Software used: Nuke Knight and Day / 2010, Feature film. First I removed 3 barrels in the sand that were used to hold the explosives. I added in bigger explosions using stock footage and composited the CG plane and missiles. Software used: Nuke

Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse / 2004, Feature film. For these two shots of the cross falling onto the monster, I composited a 3d animated creature into the original plate. I was responsible for all of the compositing. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Lucky Number Slevin / 2006, Feature film. I keyed and composited the car over a background plate which I stabilized. I used a 3d tracking software to track the windshield and reflections onto the car. Software used: Digital Fusion, Combustion, PF Tracker.

Splice / 2010, Feature film. For this shot I had to seamlessly combine a CG mutant forehead with the lower portion of her face. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Splice / 2010, Feature film. I combined a CG mutant forehead with the lower portion of her face. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Splice / 2010, Feature film. I was responsible for the tracking dot removal of the plate and the integrating of the CG created eye element that spread her eyes apart on her head. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Splice / 2010, Feature film. I removed the rig holding her legs, repaired the roof and added in the CG legs and tail. Also, I removed a finger from each hand, added the CG eyes over her face and did a final colour correct to the plate. Software used: Digital Fusion. Splice / 2010, Feature film. This is another shot where I had to remove the actress's real legs and replace them with CG legs and tail. I removed a finger from each hand and integrated the CG eyes over her face. Software used: Digital Fusion. Splice / 2010, Feature film. This shot required a lot of rebuilding due to the fact that the actresses real legs had to be removed and are much wider than the CG legs. Her real legs covered much of his lower body as well, so I had to reconstruct his lower body and arm before the CG legs were added. I also removed a finger from her hand, and integrated the CG eyes over her face. Software used: Digital Fusion. Splice / 2010, Feature film. I removed her legs which required me to rebuild much of the background and his lower body. Added CG legs, tail and eyes. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Splice / 2010, Feature film. I removed the tracking dots from her face and then added the CG eyes over her face, I also composited the CG wings on her arm and back. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse / 2004, Feature film. For these three shots, I had to remove the rig that the motorcycle was traveling on. Shards of glass were created for me by a 3d artist. Software used: Combustion, Digital Fusion.

(See description above)

(See description above)

X-men Origins: Wolverine / 2009, Feature film. I keyed the actor (who was shot on a green screen). CG guns and clips were created for me. Software used: Shake.

Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story / 2001, MOW I keyed the actor, duplicated the audience, pushed back the balconies to make the club look bigger, and added in light and smoke effects. Software used: Flame.

Knight and Day / 2010, Feature film. This was a 20 second shot that had to be completed in 2 days. I was the lead compositor on this shot who organized about 15 rotoscope artists who helped me to rotoscope everything in the foreground (car, bikes, trees buildings). I colour corrected the mountain matte painting and added in a CG car which drives up the mountain. The CG car was originally colour corrected by another 2d artist. Software used: Nuke Tudors, Season 1 / 2007, TV Series. I worked closely with a 3d artist who created the pie crust and birds. I did all of the compositing. Software used: Digital Fusion.

Tudors, Season 1 / 2007, TV Series. The following three shots were created by combining 2d elements (such as the skies and background buildings) with 3d elements (boats, foreground buildings, water and trees). I composited the many layers of 3d and 2d elements and colour corrected them to create a final look. Software used: Digital Fusion (see description above)

(see description above)

The Book of Eli / 2010. Feature film. This was shot on a green screen. The destroyed bridge and water are 3d elements. The land and sky are matte paintings. All of which were colour corrected by me. Software used: Shake.

Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse / 2004, Feature film. A 3d artist created the monster, gargoyles and church for me. I was responsible for colour correcting the 3d elements and compositing them into the shot. I also removed the tracking poles from the original plate, and time warped the final shot. Software used: Digital Fusion, Twixtor.