Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 1

United States Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Veterinary Services

What you need to do to take your pet overseas

Due to high call volume, it is imperative that we limit our time providing information over the phone when this information is readily available on the internet. Please read the information available on our website at http://www.aphis.usda.gov and call us only if you have additional questions. Please call the embassy/consulate of your destination country to obtain the necessary requirements for importing your pet. This information may also be available on our website links: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/animal_exports_pets.shtml http://www.aphis.usda.gov/regulations/vs/iregs/animals/. requirements Ultimately, it is the responsibility of the pet owner to ascertain and comply with all of the foreign government for pet travel.

Sacramento Area Office California/Nevada 10365 Old Placerville Road, Suite 210 Sacramento, CA 95827 Phone: 916-854-3900 Fax: 916-363-1125 Accept mail-in and walk-in endorsement request from 9AM to 3PM, Monday through Friday. No appointment is necessary

San Francisco Office Dr. Kat Starzel **By appointment only **No mail in request accepted 389 Oyster Point Blvd, Suite 2 South San Francisco, CA 94080 Phone: 650-876-9358 Fax: 650-876-0915 Endorsements are accepted in the San Francisco port office by appointment only. These appointments may be scheduled through either office (Sacramento Area or San Francisco Port).

An appropriate health certificate must be completed by your veterinarian in order to import your pet to another country. It is the veterinary clinics (your accredited* veterinarians) responsibility to ensure that this certificate is complete and accurate. Incomplete or inaccurate certificates will be sent back to the owner and/or the vet clinic for correction. Important: This may result in a processing delay, and the certificate may not be ready in time for your pets travel. Therefore, you are encouraged to send the certificate via FAX to our Sacramento Area Office for preliminary review prior to sending it via FedEx or other means (or come in person) for formal endorsement. Remember to call us after faxing to ensure your paper work is complete (give us about one hour to review). Additionally, most health certificates now require supporting rabies vaccine certificates, and some countries require additional rabies titer test and/or other vaccination - all such documents need to be submitted along with the certificate for endorsement (Rabies certificate in original copy if possible with your veterinarians signature, rabies titer report has to be original with sticker or faxed directly from the lab). Endorsement fee is $36 (Oct 1, 2010 to Oct 1, 2011) for countries that do not require a titer test, and $114.00 (Oct 1, 2010 to Oct 1, 2011) for countries that require 1 to 2 test or vaccination. Each additional pet with the same owner is $6.50 (Oct 1, 2010 to Oct 1, 2011). We accept credit cards, checks and money orders. Checks and money orders should be made payable to the USDA and sent to the Sacramento Area Office address listed above. If paying with credit card, please send your Credit Card number, expiration date and CVS number from back with your health certificate. In order to ensure timely return of your documents, please send them via FedEx or UPS and be sure to enclose a self-addressed, prepaid return air bill and envelope using a valid FedEx/UPS account number and enough balance in the account to cover the return delivery (at least $30.00). Important: Prepaid return air bills must be arranged and purchased through the courier service directly. The Sacramento Area office does not accept air bills listing credit card information. The processing time for certificates is 48 hours (two working days) for certificates that are mailed to us. For example, if you send us a certificate via FedEx on Monday, assuming all requirements are met on the document, it will be endorsed and returned to you by Thursday (provided a prepaid return FedEx air bill is enclosed). The suggested time frame for completing the veterinary health certificate is 10 days prior to your travel date. Most airlines require that health certificates be completed no more than 10 days prior to travel. Please call your specific airline for these details. Again, we strongly encourage you to fax the certificate to our Sacramento Area Office for preliminary review prior to sending it via courier service (or come in person) in order to ensure it is complete and accurate. Walk-in clients requesting endorsements are accepted in the Sacramento office from 9AM to 3PM, Monday through Friday. No appointment is necessary. The recommended pet health certificate is APHIS form 7001 unless otherwise specified by the importing country. APHIS Form 7001 is available from http://www.aphis.usda.gov/library/forms/pdf/APHIS7001.pdf website. ***For export certificates that require lab report***USDA/APHIS/VS office is to verify lab results in accordance with Section IV.D. of VS Memo No. 592.102 (see below), accredited vet can expedite this by requesting the lab report to be faxed from lab to this office which should coincide with the arrival of the certificate which endorsement is request. Each laboratory test reported on the certificate must be verified with the laboratory where it was performed. An original or carbon copy of the laboratory test record, if included with the health certificate, does not need to be verified with the lab. However, all photocopies or facsimile documents must be verified by calling the laboratory. (VS Memo No. 592.102) Accredited*- call us (310) 725-1970 (916)-854-3950/3900 with a name if you are not sure if your vet is accredited*

Los Angeles Office **Please call ahead to inquire about availability of veterinarian at number below** 11850 S. La Cienega Blvd. Hawthorne, CA 90250 (310) 725-1970 Office (310) 725-9119 Fax (No mail-in endorsement request accepted)

Rev: September 27tht, 2010