Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 2

Japan Travel Visa 6 Types of Japanese Visas For Foreigners The immigration departments of most businesses about the

e globe these days require that foreign visitors apply for a visa in order to enter the nation. Of course, you will find exceptions: numerous countries have special arrangements with certain other countries which permit their citizens to travel domestically without a visa. Nevertheless, generally such arrangements are valid for short stays only: longer visits require visas. Japan is no exception. If you are looking for a Japan travel visa, you need to educate yourself about the 6 kinds of Japanese visas. Depending upon the reason for your trip to Japan, you will require 1 of these kinds of visas to be able to enter, visit/stay, and carry out particular activities legally whilst within the country. The 6 types of visas are: temporary visitors visa, working visa, common visa, specified visa, diplomatic visa, and an official visa. The very first kind is the visa-free remain. This really is technically called a temporary visitors visa as the name implies. However, do not let the name fool you: the visa-free remain has numerous restrictions related with it. To be able to qualify for a visafree stay in Japan, you'll need to be ready to leave the country within 90 days after entering. Also, upon entry you need to be carrying a passport that will be valid throughout your entire remain, and you need to have in your possession a ticket back out with the nation. This visa is valid for 90, 30 or 15 days. If you strategy to function while in Japan which means earning money in any manner while you are there you will need to apply for a working visa prior to you enter the country. Based on the Immigration Bureau of Japan, the working visa is good for either 1 or 3 years. You must apply for your Japanese working visa prior to you enter Japan. This means which you cannot enter Japan on a visa-free remain after which convert to a working visa without leaving the nation initial. Official categories for the working visa for Japan consist of: professor, artist, religious activities, journalist, investor/business manager, legal/accounting services, medical services, researcher, instructor, engineer, specialist in humanities, intracompany transferee, entertainer, and skilled labor. It might be that your trip to Japan will have you staying there longer than 90 days but you dont plan to be earning money whilst you are there. Instead, maybe you plan to study or become involved in certain cultural activities whilst in Japan. Or, perhaps you'll be staying with buddies, family members, or in a home-stay scenario for longer than 90 days. If this describes your scenario, you'll have to apply for a common visa for your visit to Japan. This is good for either 1 year or 6 months (cultural activities), two years or 1 year (college student), 1 year or 6 months (precollege student), 1 year or 6 months (trainee), or 3/2/1 years or 6/3 months (dependent). On the other hand, perhaps you are married to a Japanese citizen, you are the spouse of a permanent resident in Japan, or you are a long-term resident. In this case, you'll need to apply for a specified visa to be able to stay

legally in Japan. This is valid for three years, 1 year or 6 months. Finally, if you're a diplomat or perhaps a diplomatic courier to Japan you will require a diplomatic visa upon entry into Japan. According to the Immigration Bureau of Japan, the diplomatic visa is only valid for the duration of the mission. The visa is valid for the duration of the mission. Similarly, if you work in a way that supports diplomatic endeavors in common, such as working as a technical or administrative employee who supports a diplomat, you will have to apply for what is termed an official visa. Like the diplomatic visa, this visa, too, is only valid for the duration with the mission. A cautionary note: if at present your specific plans for your trip to Japan arent but clear, you might be tempted to enter Japan using a visa-free stay as you keep your options open. This really is fine, provided that you really do leave the nation inside the specified 90 days and which you do not try to earn money while in Japan. Nevertheless, in the event you strategy to stay longer than 90 days or plan to function, do the wise thing and apply now for the appropriate type of visa. It could save you a lot of trouble later. Consider applying for 1 of these 6 kinds of Japanese visas as you plan your upcoming trip and/or stay in Japan. For more info, go to the Embassy of Japan of Washington, D.C. web site. By on About Japan