Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 52



The author has made every effort to make sure that this document has up-to-date information. Due to changes that occur everyday in the world, the author bears no responsibility for any inconveniencies, injury, or fallouts that result from changes that might occur after the publication of this material.

Today the cost of getting a real good education has gone astronomically high with even locally. But getting a quality education locally is another matter altogether. It can be summed up in one word-worthless. Ever since the decline of the nations economy, the quality of education and its standard has with other sectors slowed down to almost a grinding halt. Teachers are owed months of their salaries, facilities are dilapidated, and corruption runs amok in the entire system. This lowering standard has thus made private companies and multinationals, the largest employers of labour to look more favourably towards people who study abroad as they seek to hire staff. Government owned agencies and parastatals are not left out. A few months ago, it was widely reported in the newspapers that NLNG (Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas Company) advertised for graduates to fill vacancies in the organisation. When the applicants got there on the day set for the interview, the NLNG officials asked them to stand in two separate lines...one line for those who went to University in Nigeria (it didn't matter if you went to Covenant University where you paid =N=450,000 a session or University of Uyo where you paid =N=30,000, just stand in one line)... The other line was for those who went to University abroad (it also didn't matter if you attended Harvard or Julius Nyerere University in Tanzania) Now guess what the NLNG guys did? They started calling in those who went to school abroad first! See what I mean? This brash disdain for locally schooled people has caused its own problems as millions of locally trained graduates are unemployed and there is a mad craze to study abroad as new students and thus wishing to further their education have began to wise up and are now seeking to find study opportunities outside the shores of Nigeria. This also has given rise to very many education consultancy companies who specialize in helping students get admission abroad to study. Many of these are patronised as it is thought

that they have the secrets to filing the right applications and are influential in foreign embassies. While this may be true, I think that the fees they charge to render these seemingly hard services are astronomically high and cost prohibitive for many prospective students. As is common knowledge, many of them charge as much as =N=60,000 and above to file an application for you to get admission in a foreign university and submit your papers at the relevant embassies. But guess what the truth is...if you know the rules (its on the website of the schools you are interested in and on their respective country embassy website), you can actually manage your application yourself and that money you save will be money in your pocket. Going to school abroad is a realistic goal. If you are thinking towards that direction, thats a good step in the right direction. But another thing I observed is, most students (degree, masters or PHD students) who sincerely want to study in foreign schools dont bother applying, because...they are scared of the cost of such an undertaking. Studying in some countries I agree is very expensive. But note what I said, in some countries. The truth many of those education agencies will not tell you is that there are many countries where you can study abroad without paying a dime in school fees!

The rapid shift in power and economic balance, especially in Europe, has seen many countries desirous of maintaining their status and achieving rapid growth have made laws enabling citizens of other nations eligible to come over to their countries and study For FREE, provided they meet certain criteria. All of these countries are in Europe, especially in the Scandinavian section of Europe, comprising of countries such as Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark etc. Now each country has their own set of rules regarding this programme and as most things in life are, some countries are easier to work with their laws than others.

For the purpose of this book, we are going to be concentrating on Finland as a country, as it is the easiest of them all to gain admission into. I telly you when I discovered how easy it was, my mouth was left hanging open. I will also touch briefly on the other countries and their processes so you can get a feel for what its like and how to follow them. But my advice is, stick to Finland. Your best chance for success lies there. Lets get started.

There are several things you must make sure you have before you get started on this quest or going ahead will be a waste of time and error. If you want to study for a Degree program, you MUST have your certified WAEC, NECO or GCE statement of result ready. I mean the original printout from WAEC or NECO, not just the one your secondary school principal gave you. If you want to study for a Masters programme, your original results from the University where you graduated from should be in your hands, that is your transcript. And... If youre interested in going in for a Doctorate degree (Ph.D), then of course you should have your Masters result available. Anything outside of this is called wasting your time.


When I say choosing the right school, its not like any of the schools are bad. In fact the worst of them is better than the best private or federal university in Nigeria. But you still need to know how to choose a school thatll will give you the highest chance of admission. How do you do that? You need to choose a school with lower entrance exam test scores. HOW TO CHOOSE SCHOOLS WITH LOW CUT-OFF MARKS IN THEIR ENTRANCE EXAMINATIONS, SO YOU CAN EASILY GET ACCEPTED Unlike Nigeria, theres nothing like JAMB in Finland, but youve got to take an aptitude test as we call it here and pass it to be selected for admission. Different schools have their different scores. Some schools have scores as low as 45 points. Here are some school and their grade points: SCHOOL GRADE POINTS SCORE FOR QUALIFICATION Seinajoki University Of Applied Science And Business School Chemituni University Of Applied Science Kajaani University of Applied Sciences Turku School of Economics Helsinki University of Technology HAAGA-HELIA University of Applied Sciences 59% 50% 50% 45% 64% 61%

The school with the highest test score requirement is Lahti University of Apllied Sciences with 80%. You need TOEFL if...

TOEFL is the Test Of English As A Foreign Language. you only require TOFEL exams if you are going for your post graduate programme, Masters or PHD programme. You must have your BSC certificate and your transcript and you must also be successful in your TOEFL exam. You can write the TOEFL exam in any of the TOEFL test centres that abound in Lagos, PortHarcourt, Abuja and other major cities in Nigeria. NOTE: For those going for a degree programme, you dont require TOFEL. All you require is your SSCE, NECO certificate or GCE certificate. As far as Im concerned you have to stick to and choose those ones that have the lowest score points. But if you think your head is hot enough , then go ahead and choose Finajoki School Of Business like my friend Michael Husu did. Good luck. HOW TO APPLY ONLINE AND GET APPROVED IN DAYS...INSTEAD OF WEEKS! After youve chosen a school, the next step is to go to the schools website on the internet and file an application. There is a central website for the application it is called www.universityadmissions.fi. You have to go up there and sign up, after that you can login in, and view all the schools (universities). You can go through all of them, that is their courses, e.t.c. then you can click on any one of your choice and then apply. There will be a form you will fill to complete the application. NOTE: Inside your bonus report, The School Abroad Master List Swipe File, you also have a complete list of every tertiary institution in Finland, their list of courses and the link for the application. Language problems? No! When you land on the central admissions website, youll see there are two languages that will show, which are their own language (finogreek) and English Language. You can then click on English language to go through the necessary information there. Next after youve applied online is the paperwork... After youve submitted the online application, you will be sent a reply that they have seen your form but you should send down your certificate(s). Thats your educational credentials

qualifying you to seek the particular programme you want to study for (first, masters or doctorate degree). To certify that the certificate(s) you are sending are original youve got to have it certified as one by a Notary Public. A notary public is a recognized person in the society of good standing. Most Notary Publics are lawyers either, theyve been conferred with the title of SAN (Senior Advocate of Nigeria) or otherwise. To find a Notary Public, just go online to http:///www.google.com.ng and type in the words Notary Public and the name of your city, then click the button which says, Search pages for Nigeria and then hit the ENTER key, you will see the websites of many Law Chambers will come up. Click on them and when the website opens, find the office address (most times theyre in the link titled Contact Us. Then copy the address, phone numbers or any other information you need to reach them and pay them a visit. HINT: When I used a Notary Public, I paid just =N=2,000 for the service. Call the different chambers you find online before going and ask them how much they charge to notarize a document. Compare prices and choose the cheapest. Its all the same. Now the next step is... Send your notarized results to the school you applied to online. What this means is that you have to use the address of the school I asked you to copy down and send the documents to them. You must do this by post. If you live in Lagos, use the Murtala Mohammed International Airport. Its cheap to send from there (about =N=300) and its faster. If not, then use a post office in a major city nearest to you. For example if you live in Lafia Nasarawa, use the Central Post Office in Jos, Plateau State. Then wait for sometime... A couple of weeks after youve sent your notarized certificates, a message will be sent to you (via email) from the school that your documents have been processed and that you have been accepted and you will be writing an examination.

You will be told that a letter is on its way to you. This letter is what you will take down to British Council to write your exam or to Ghana. NOTE: For some of the schools, their testing place is in Ghana. Now at this point, you have to pay the schools aptitude test fee. Mike paid 45 pounds which is about =N=11,000 - =N=12,000 before he wrote the exam. The letter you receive will give you all the details you need to know about writing the exam - the venue, the date, format and test fees. The school will send you links and study materials which you can download online to study for the exam. Theyve been known to even send physical books along with the letter I talk about above. Then just pay the fees for the exam, take it and if you pass...youre halfway to Finland! PASSING THE EXAMS The exams that I written is called British International Exams. After your application is approved, youll be given a web site where you can download study materials to read. I suggest you red these materials thoroughly. For Arts related courses, the test questions are English, Mathematics and General paper. For the science students, they were not given materials to read. Their exams were on mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. There are objective questions but you will be given an essay to write. For English Language, they want to know if you understand what was given and also if you can speak well so a lot of questions will be asked. In the comprehension passage, you are to make use of your own words. NOTE: Even if you get up to the cut off, and you are not good in English, i.e. you fail the English Language paper, you will not be taken.

RESIDENCE PERMIT FOR STUDIES A foreign student must acquire a residence permit if his or her studies in Finland last for more than three months.

IS A VISA NEEDED FIRST? A visa is needed if the student has to participate in an entrance exam in Finland prior to being accepted at the educational institution and if he or she is a citizen of a country that has not signed an agreement on the abolition of visa with Finland. Please see the Ministry for Foreign Affairs website at the link below http://www.formin.fi/public/default.aspx?nodeid=15717&contentlan=2&culture=en-US Since the visa allows for only a short stay, the student must usually return to his or her home country after the entrance examination in order to apply for the actual residence permit. Subject to certain conditions the first residence permit may be granted also in Finland. ON WHAT GROUNDS MAY A RESIDENCE PERMIT BE GRANTED? A residence permit may be granted for study purposes at a post-comprehensive-school educational institution. Such institutions are mainly universities and vocational institutions. A residence permit can also be issued for studies at some other educational institution leading to a degree or vocational qualification A residence permit may be granted for studies in the Finnish or Swedish language if the studies are conducted at university level and lead to a degree. Hence, language courses lasting for a few months at private language schools do not normally constitute sufficient grounds for granting a residence permit. Exceptions include situations in which the student has already been accepted for studies at a Finnish educational institution and he or she wishes to familiarise him- or herself with the Finnish language and culture prior to starting the studies. Residence permits are not generally issued for studies at folk high schools, Christian colleges or similar institutions where studies do not lead to a degree or vocational qualification. A residence permit can, however, be obtained with special justification. This could consist of, for instance, the need to supplement studies pursued in the applicant's home country, further studies connected with a vocational qualification or special training available in Finland. EXCHANGE STUDENTS A residence permit may be granted for exchange students who are temporarily supplementing their studies at an educational institution abroad with at most one academic year at a Finnish university or polytechnic, vocational institution or upper secondary school. A residence permit may be granted for exchange students who are participating in an approved exchange programme. For more information, please contact your own educational institution or Finnish educational institutions. Persons under 18 years of age are usually granted residence permits only if they come to Finland as exchange students through approved organisations or as part of an official exchange programme between schools and municipalities. Coming to Finland also requires a written consent from the parent(s) or guardian(s). STUDENT'S INCOME

The Finnish government does not usually fund the stay of foreign students in Finland. Hence the applicant must show that his or her income is secured either with a scholarship, a grant or other funds with which the student can support him- or herself during the academic year. Students must be able to prove that they have at their disposal at least 500 euros a month or 6000 euros for a year. If the educational institution offers free tuition, accommodation and meals, the required amount can be reduced. The funding of a student participating in an exchange programme between a Finnish and a foreign university may be arranged through the exchange programme. IS A STUDENT ALLOWED TO WORK WHILE STUDYING? Students are permitted to do a limited amount of paid work under a residence permit issued for studies if the work in question is practical training included in the studies or final project work. Part-time employment is also possible, if the working time comes to an average of 25 hours per week at most. There are no limitations on working hours in full-time employment during holidays, specifically the summer and Christmas holidays. Earnings from part-time work during term-time may be included in the amount of disposable funds required for a residence permit at the discretion of the authorities. This is not, however, possible in the case of a first residence permit. STUDENTS HEALTH INSURANCE Any student who submits a residence permit application on or after 1.9.2007 must attach details of their comprehensive health insurance cover to their application. Comprehensive insurance cover means insurance which includes the types of treatment and costs that are covered by municipal health care services and the health insurance system. It is a precondition for obtaining a residence permit that the student has valid health insurance cover with a reliable and solvent company or institution.

For studies of less than two years in duration, a student must have private insurance which primarily covers the costs of medical treatment up to 100,000 euros (cost level in 2007). Where the duration of the studies is two years or more, a student will usually have a home municipality in Finland and is therefore entitled to municipal health care services. In such cases, it is sufficient for the insurance to primarily cover the cost of medicines (in practice the cover extends to doctors fees and costs of treatment and examination), up to 30,000 euros (cost level in 2007).

A student must have insurance cover when applying for a residence permit as without it a residence permit cannot be granted. In principle a residence permit cannot be issued for a period exceeding the period of the insurance cover. HOW LONG IS A RESIDENCE PERMIT VALID? A residence permit granted to a student is temporary by its nature. If the studies last for more than a year, the residence permit is usually granted for one year at a time. A temporary residence permit bears the letter B.

An extension of the permit requires that the student is still registered at the educational institution, is a full-time student and has completed the required courses in the institution's study programme. If the student has poor study performance, an extension of the residence permit may be denied. The application for an extension of the residence permit is submitted to the police. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER THE STUDIES ARE COMPLETED? After completing the studies, the student may remain in Finland if he or she can be granted a new residence permit on other grounds. The permit may be granted, for example for continuing studies within the same field or on the basis of family ties or employment. A foreigner who has received a degree in Finland can also get a residence permit for search for work. The permit can be granted as an extended permit for six (6) months.


If you are successful at the exams, that is, you reach the minimum score for the school test, your admission requirements will be sent to you in two weeks. Inside the documents detailing your requirements you will be given every information on how to get to Finland Embassy at Abuja. The address of the Embassy of Finland is Embassy of Finland in Abuja, Nigeria 9 Iro Dan Musa Street, Asokoro City: Abuja Phone: (234-9) 314 7256, 314 7257 Fax: (234-9) 314 7252 Email: sanomat.aba@formin.fi Office Hours: Mon-Thu 08.00-16.15, Fri 08.00-13.15 REQUIREMENTS NEEDED AT THE EMBASSY This requirement consists of your acceptance document sent to you by the school. confirmation letter that you have accepted the admission(You will give you a date that will be your dead line to send your confirmation letter that you are coming to take up the admission in Finland)
health insurance cover issued by an accredited Schengen insurance policy company.

Two of them in Nigeria are Niger Insurance and Mutual Benefits Insurance. The insurance cover must cover expenses up to the amount of 30,000. Just explain to the insurance people that you want an insurance cover of that amount and theyll tell you how much itll cost. For Mutual benefits, its about =N=28,000 - =N=29,000 and at Niger Insurance it costs about =N=30,500. Your personal statement of account, bearing at least the naira equivalent of 6,000 (about =N=1,500,000) If you dont have that amount of money, you could ask someone close to you to transfer such money to your account and afterwards, transfer it back to them. teller showing payment for your resident permit and visa One (1) passport size photograph with white background. Coloured backgrounds will not be accepted.

Residence permit form duly filed in by you. An International Passport valid for at least three (3) months after expiry of the visa to be issued. This means that if youre going for a 2 year course of study, youll be given a 2-year visa, so your passport must be valid for at least another three months after the expiry of that visa. NOTE: The visa application form will have to be filled in by you at the embassy. On the other hand, your school will give you a link where you can download the form beforehand so you can have ample time to fill it in, as you make mistakes while trying to do it at the Embassy. After that, you then move down to Finland Embassy at Abuja. NOTE: You will also pay a fee of =N=10,200 at Citi Bank in Asokoro, Abuja which is for your resident permit and your visa. Dont worry if you dont understand or have never heard of this bank. Its an International bank and has only one office in Nigeria, right there in Abuja. The banks address is 2 Yola Street, Area 7, Garki, Abuja. The Embassy gets to meet people from MONDAYS to THURSDAYS from 9am to 11am only, Monday to Thursday. When you get to the Embassy... Its located at Asokoro, Abuja, go in and register at the reception. The reception will ask you what you want; you will then state your mission. You will be asked to wait till 9am then you go in (you will be checked before you go in) to a particular place and sit down till its your turn to get interviewed.


Questions youll be asked include but are not limited to the following... they want to know if you are the real person that wrote the exam they will ask you the name of the school you are going to how many years you will be spending there studying who organized the exams estimate how many students wrote the exams with you which area did you write the exams They also want to know the balance of your statement of account which should be up to N1,800,000 to N2,000,000 As long as you answer these questions correctly, youll always get your visa application approved, and youll have a residence permit issued to you.

After you have been granted a visa, the next thing you should do is Go back online and meet with the School Officer assigned by your school to attend to you. Theyll want to know when you will be arriving (time) and you will be given a date to arrive. When you have this date, you can then accordingly book a plane ticket to arrive in Finland on that date! Then go tell your designated School Officer your flight arrival time. With that, he/she will be able to arrange some one that will come and pick all those that will be arriving on that day and time at the airport. They will make your arrangement after you have told them your ticket is ready and the time you will be arriving. They will make every necessary thing ready for you. IMPORTANT! Contrary to rumours flying around, there is no age bracket. As long as you have your WAEC certificate (for degree), and your BSC certificate and transcript (for post graduate or masters programme) and then you succeed in the British International exams and TOFEL respectively (if it applies to you), then you will get admission! Good luck!


There are lots of opportunities in Finland. Heres a small list below: You will be taught how to be a very good entrepreneur How to be a master of your own They have also been able to deal with corruption You could stay work there You have the opportunity of travelling to other neighbouring countries they are called Schengen countries. They also give good services to students from within and outside the country.

Financial Concerns
Your biggest expenses will be rent and food. If you take advantage of the student housing options you can expect to pay between 130 and 500 per month. Food will cost 150300 per month. University cafeterias are also very affordable: about 2 per meal. You may also need to get health insurance cover while in Finland. You can find some international insurance carriers at the following sites: www.ihi.com, www.globalcover.com, and www.imglobal.com. For international health insurance you can expect to pay between $75-$125 per month. A monthly bus pass costs 30 per month. Including some room for miscellaneous and fun stuff, the total comes to somewhere between 550 1,100 per month. Most people have to find a job to help make ends meet. This can be a challenge. My best advice for you is to start looking for a job immediately you get the admission before arriving in Finland. Good web sites for jobs include www.uranus.fi and www.planetedu.com. A great forum for foreigners looking for jobs in Finland is www.iesaf.com.

Also, get creativefreelance writing or proofreading for magazines, for example. If you have experience with e-bay, there are some ways to make money buying and selling online. If you have teaching experience, there are many English language schools that are always looking for native speakers. Start your search at www.tefl.com. Another place to look is the Au Pair program at www.aupair-world.net. Dont expect the jobs to come to you; youll have to put in some hard work.


A great number of subject courses and study programmes at the Swedish universities and university colleges are accessible to international students. At Studera.nu you can search and apply for courses and programmes on the first and second level. Before you do so, we strongly advise you to read through the information presented in the menu to the left. If you want to apply for a Master's Degree Programme, click the "Advanced Level". It may also be a good idea to check out the website http://www.studyinsweden.se/templates/cs/SISFrontPage____4908.aspx information on study options, visas and other practicalities. NOTE: Please in what looks like the space between SISFrontPage and 4908 are four underscores. So while typing it in use the Underscore key on your computer keyboard by pressing the Ctrl and - key at the same time. YOU REQUIRE ONE APPLICATION ONLY Studera.nu provides a central applications system. This means that you can apply for up to 20 courses and/or programmes given by different universities in one application (the limit being 4 for Master's programmes). Please note that you may only create one user account. Should you create more than one, the processing of your application will not only be delayed, but incorrect. or useful

When you have gone through all the steps in the application procedure, you will be able to print a cover sheet for your supporting documents. In case you cannot do this straightaway, you will be able to reach and print it later via "Your application". The sheet contains your personal data and is essential for matching the actual documents with your application. N.B. No applicants with a Swedish civic registration number will need a cover sheet.

If you dont have a swedish civic registration number, get a cover sheet here at https://www.studera.nu/studera/1227.html

Please make sure that you meet the entrance requirements for the

courses/programmes of your choice. These will be stated in the course description supplied by each university, as well as in your selection list here at studera.nu once you have made your search (see "Search for courses").

Free movers are students who organize their studies in Sweden independently. Even if individual courses are in English, almost all undergraduate programs in Sweden require fluent Swedish to complete. A few programs are held entirely in English, but space is very limited as most English-language courses at the undergraduate level are aimed at exchange students. Their home university has an exchange agreement with a Swedish institution as part of an EU program or special bilateral agreement. It is possible for a free mover to lobby a university for permission to attend specific Englishlanguage courses on a full-time basis for a period of time. Regulations governing residence permits are strict, however, and study places are in short supply, so opportunities for students to come to Sweden as free movers are limited. If you would like to study in Sweden as a free mover, make sure to plan ahead and set aside plenty of time to make all the necessary arrangements. You need to satisfy general as well as specific entrance requirements to be eligible for courses at undergraduate level. The general requirements are:

Completion of an upper-secondary school program conferring eligibility for university studies in the same country and corresponding in level to the equivalent program in Sweden.

Proficiency in English (both written and oral) equivalent to that required on completion of Swedish upper-secondary education. Universities and university colleges will normally require verification in the form of an international proficiency test certificate. This means you need to write the TOEFL exam.

Written and oral skills in Swedish corresponding at the level of Swedish required on completion of Swedish upper-secondary education. This is generally assessed by the national Swedish test, TISUS. Note: If you are applying for courses or programs taught in English you are normally exempt from this requirement. (See below for more details.)

Entrance requirements for a particular course or program are established independently at each academic institution. These requirements vary and you will need to contact the institution directly for exact information. Admission to all undergraduate education is limited. All study programs and courses have a fixed number of places, which are usually exceeded by the number of applicants. Every university and university college has its own procedure for selecting among eligible applicants. The criteria applied include: grades obtained, results from previous courses, assessment of work samples, interview results, special admission tests and work experience. These criteria vary from institution to institution. Most foreign students will also need to obtain a visa and residence permit before leaving for Sweden. Read more about it at the link below http://www.studyinsweden.se/templates/cs/Article____4999.aspx NOTE: Please in what looks like the space between Article and 4999 are four underscores. So while typing it in use the Underscore key on your computer keyboard by pressing the Ctrl and - key at the same time.


Although most undergraduate programs are taught in Swedish, there are some exceptions: Dalarna University, Jnkping International Business School, Malm University College, Mlardalen University College, IT University of Gteborg and Stockholm School of Economics offer undergraduate programs taught in English. Most other courses at the undergraduate level offered in English are intended for exchange students. If free movers are admitted, they must meet all the normal requirements with regard to previous university studies and knowledge of English. Universities and university colleges will normally require verification in the form of an international proficiency test certificate.

If you plan to study in English, you need to show that you have attained a level of written and oral proficiency equivalent to that required on completion of Swedish upper secondary education. You will need to support your application with an international proficiency test certificate. The required score is decided by the individual university and may therefore vary. If you plan to study in Swedish, you need to show that you have attained a level of proficiency that allows you to follow university courses taught in Swedish. You can do so by taking the national Swedish test, TISUS.


- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Scores 500-550 (paper-based test), 173213 (computer-based test), 61-79 (internet-based test) - International English Language Testing Service (IELTS). Score 5.0-6.0 (no band lower than 4.5-5.0) - Cambridge EFL examination. (Grades A or B) - Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB). Score: 85-90 points ** Students whose mother tongue is Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Icelandic or Faeroese are deemed to have adequate knowledge of Swedish. The same applies to Finnish students who have studied Swedish at upper-secondary level for three years or more.

While the application process may vary slightly depending on which university or university college you apply to, the general procedure is as follows: To apply for an undergraduate degree program or an individual course you should use the online application system at http://www.studera.nu/english, which processes your application. Application deadlines may vary but are usually set in mid-April for the autumn term and in mid-October for courses starting in the spring term. Information and application forms are available from the institutions themselves.

The first notices of admission are sent out in July and December. Students from outside the European Union may have difficulty obtaining residence permits in time for the start of the term.

The only scholarship for which Nigerian nationals are eligible for is the Guest Scholarship Program. For master's level studies the Guest Scholarship program is only open to applicants from ODA countries. For PhD, post-doctoral level and students of Swedish language and literature the Guest Scholarship Program is open for applicants from all countries with the exception of the Nordic countries (Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway). Students from Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia and Ukraine who apply to the Visby Programme. Please check your #4 bonus for the scholarship list. Nigeria is included. You can also read all about the application for the scholarship at the link below http://www.studyinsweden.se/templates/cs/Articles____10035.aspx NOTE: Please in what looks like the space between Articles and 10035 are four underscores. So while typing it in use the Underscore key on your computer keyboard by pressing the Ctrl and - key at the same time.


Norway offers you a unique student experience and Norwegian institutions of higher education welcome applications sent by qualified students from all over the world. Internationalisation is a priority within all sectors of the Norwegian education system, and universities and university colleges are constantly working to facilitate for international students. Nearly 12 000 foreign nationals are currently enrolled at Norwegian institutions of higher education. International students may apply for admission to a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programmes. You may come to Norway as student through established exchange programmes, institutional agreements, or as a so called "free mover", where you arrange the stay by yourself (type of study, length and financing). QUALITY EDUCATION With a wide range of high quality courses and great flexibility, Norwegian institutions prove to be an ideal study destination. From vocational subjects to postgraduate and doctorate level, there are plenty of opportunities for students to fulfil their ambitions. You will also benefit from the informal atmosphere at Norwegian universities and university colleges, where teachers are easily approachable and tuition often takes place in small groups. Most institutions also have well equipped computer facilities with free Internet access.

ADMISSION & APPLICATION In order to obtain the neccessary application forms and information about the application deadlines you will have to contact each university or university college. In general the application deadline for foreign students is between January 15 to March 15 for courses starting the following autumn (August). Please note that some institutions have separate "prequalification" deadlines that are earlier than this.

The Norwegian Agency for Quality Assurance in Education (NOKUT) supervises and helps to develop the quality of higher education in Norway through evaluation, accreditation and recognition of quality systems, institutions and course provisions. NOKUT is the official Norwegian ENIC-NARIC center. For students with a Norwegian identity number most applications to undergraduate studies at public institutions of higher education in Norway are processed by a centralised application processing centre called Universities and Colleges Admission Service (UCAS Samordna opptak). Below you will find the general requirements to previous education. These are minimum requirements determined by NOKUT. Please note that institutions may have higher and/or additional requirements for all or some programmes. ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS A compilation of country-specific information called the GSU-list (formerly SIS list) states what level of education applicants from different countries need to meet for entry into Norwegian higher education, including any requirements concerning proficiency in English. For courses where the language of instruction is Norwegian, proficiency in the Norwegian language is also required. An updated version of the GSU list can be found at the link below. http://www.nokut.no/sw14437.asp UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES Completion of secondary education at advanced level, equivalent to passing the exam at the end of Norwegian secondary school, is the general basic requirement for entry to Norwegian universities and university colleges. For students from some countries at least one year of completed studies at the university level is required in addition. Please check the GSU-list for detailed information regarding additional requirements for your country.

Some study programmes have special admission requirements, usually relating to specialist subjects or fields of study from secondary school. Please check with the institution for information about these special qualifications. MASTERS PROGRAMMES Admission requirements are decided by each university and university college based on an academic evaluation of the applicants. Applicants for Masters programmes have normally obtained an undergraduate/Bachelor's degree or equivalent of at least 3 years' duration. The degree must include courses equal to at least 1 1/2 years of full-time studies in a subject relevant to that of the programme applied for. In special cases, the first (and sometimes the second) year of study at a foreign higher education institution will not be recognised as higher education in Norway. STUDENT RESIDENCE PERMIT All students who plan to stay in Norway for more than three months will need a student residence permit. Visas are only issued for stays up to 90 days (e.g. for certain Summer School programmes).

The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) is the public agency processing all applications for a student residence permit. For complete information about the Norwegian immigration regulations please visit their website. We urge you to carefully read the regulations as to avoid problems during the application process. Applications that are incomplete will not be processed, and your entry to Norway can be delayed. FOR APPLICANTS FROM COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA/EFTA: You should submit your application to a Norwegian Foreign Mission. The application must be submitted in person. Applications sent by mail or email will not be processed. In some cases the applicant may expect to be called in for an interview. There is a processing fee of NOK 1 100 (approx. USD 180) for each application made from abroad payable to the Norwegian Foreign Mission. Due to exchange rates and local

administrative conditions this fee may vary. Please check with the Norwegian Foreign Mission for exact fee prior to submission of application. Please visit the Norway Portal at http://www.norway.info/ to locate the Norwegian embassy or consulate general nearest you. When you apply for a student residence permit you must submit the following documents:

An application form for student residence with a passport photograph. [download form here] A copy of your passport. Documentation of admission to an approved educational institution. The letter of acceptance from the instution must contain the following information: 1. The applicant's name 2. The name of the institution 3. What course/programme the applicant has been admitted to 4. The duration of the course/programme The course/programme must be full-time and approved for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund. This also applies for students who have financing from other sources and do not intend to seek support from the Loan Fund.

A plan of study. A filled out form stating the progress of your studies. [download form at the link below]


Documentation of housing. Approved documentation includes a lease copy for a house, an apartment or a room issued by a private person or company. Apartments/rooms provided by the institution's own Student Housing organisation must also be documented with a lease copy.

Documentation of subsistence (loan from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund or deposits in a Norwegian bank). Subsistence is ensured at NOK 81,400,- for the school year 2007/2008. If you plan to

attend an institution/programme/course that has tuition fees, you must also document that you are able to finance this extra cost. As a general rule, the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration requires the money to be deposited in a Norwegian bank account, and this account must be in the applicants name. If the educational institution has set up an account for the students, the student may transfer his/her funds to this account. Documentation in this case should include a statement from the institution confirming that the correct amount is deposited to the account in question, or a bank statement showing a balance for the correct amount. The applicant may apply for part-time work in Norway and submit this as part of the grounds for subsistence. However, the total amount for subsistence will then be higher. As a general rule, financial guarantees from a third person is not accepted, whether this person is a resident in Norway or another country. In special cases financial guarantees from an applicant's parents may be accepted if they are Norwegian residents. Please note that the documentation requirements will vary from country to country and are subject to change. For more information, contact the Norwegian Foreign Service mission closest to you. If you are in Norway, contact the local police or the Directorate of Immigration. A student residence permit to Norway is granted under the precondition that the student will return to his/her country of legal permanent residence upon completion of the studies. For regulations concerning familiy reunification for a student's immediate family, please see the website of the UDI. THE EMBASSY The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Abuja is open Monday to Friday between 09.00 and 16.00. The visa section is open Monday to Thursday between 10.00 and 12.30. Visa Section is closed on Fridays. If you have any specific requests please call for an appointment or contact us on e-mail visa.abuja@mfa.no.

Please note that processing an application for a visa normally takes at least two weeks. Royal Norwegian Embassy 54, T.Y. Danjuma Street, Asokoro, Abuja, Nigeria. Tel: +234 (0) 9 314 91 27/28/29 or 30. Mobile: +234 (0) 8076696841 Direct from Norway: 22 240 487 or 488 Fax: +234 (0) 9 314 93 09. E-mail for visa requests: visa.abuja@mfa.no Other e-mail: emb.abuja@mfa.no HEALTH INSURANCE Health services in Norway are of high standards. As a student in Norway you are ensured professional medical treatment no matter which part of the country you are living in. In most cases the treatment is free of charge if certain prerequisites are met. These prerequisites vary depending on your current nationality and length of stay in Norway. Please study the regulations below carefully.

NAV is the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Organisation. NAV is the public agency administrating the regulations of the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme.

STUDENTS FROM COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA) If the duration of your stay in Norway is more than one year you automatically become insured under the National Insurance Scheme when you register as a student at a Norwegian institution of higher education and as a resident in Norway. If the duration of your stay in Norway is between 3 and 12 months you should fill in a special form entitling you to social security coverage with regard to health services in accordance with the National Insurance Scheme. The form must be sent to the insurance office in the municipality in which you are staying.

Students who do not fill in this form or students who stay in Norway less than three months must have a social security coverage from their home country. ALL STUDENTS Some institutions provide on campus health services. The semester card which you receive by semester registration may entitle you free medical treatment at the institution's student health services. This treatment usually does not apply to medicines or to medical tests taken off campus. The cost of medicines is only covered if you are hospitalised, or suffer from a serious disease, and are member of the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme, or have a European Health Insurance Card or another form of social security which covers these costs. TUITION Completing a university degree is often considered to be an expensive endeavour and tuition fees are usually making up the bulk part of the cost. Norwegian universities and state university colleges as a rule do not charge tuition fees for international students. However, you should take into consideration that living expenses in Norway are higher than in many other countries. "Nothing is for free" is a saying that is true in many cases. But in Norway it is possible to get quality education without having to pay tuition fees. If certain prerequisites are met you could also be eligible for financial support that can pay for your living expenses. Through various fellowship programmes, scholarship schemes or student loans, international students can receive funding for a full degree or a limited number of semesters. I WANT TO STUDY IN NORWAY BUT NEED FINANCIAL SUPPORT. WHAT DO I DO?

How you can financially support your stay in Norway will depend on several factors: - your current country of legal residency - your current home institution - your previous education - what institution/degree/subject area you are seeking admission to

We recommend that you first contact the International Office at your home university to see if institutional agreements with a Norwegian institution exist. Also, check the scholarship section belowto see if you are eligible for support through any programmes or schemes. NO TUITION FEES Generally, students at state universities and university colleges do not pay tuition fees. This is true for all levels, including undergraduate studies, Masters programmes and Ph.D. programmes. However, students will have to pay a semester fee of NOK 300-600 each semester. In order to take an exam this fee will have to be paid in full. But the fee also grants you membership in the local student welfare organisation, which in turn entitles you to several benefits. These benefits may include on campus health services, counselling, access to sports facilities and cultural activities. Payment of the semester fee is also necessary to get an official student card that, among other things, gives you reduced fares on most forms of public transport and lower ticket prices to various cultural events. SCHOLARSHIPS Most Norwegian institutions have various bilateral agreements with foreign institutions of higher education. These agreements are usually designed for the mutual exchange of students, researchers and teachers. However, there are national programmes that offer scholarships and other types of funding for international students wishing to study in Norway. Certain restrictions and prerequisites apply for all these programmes. In addition, there are various stipends available offered by private and non-profit organisations.

SIU is a Norwegian agency that promotes international cooperation in education and research. SIU is a public administrative body under the Ministry of Education and Research and administrates several programmes where foreign students are eligible for financial support.

QUOTA SCHEME The Norwegian government provides scholarships for students from developing countries and countries in Eastern Europe and Central Asia through the Quota Scheme. The objective of the scheme is to promote the internationalisation of higher education. Currently, the scheme provides full scholarships for a total of 1 100 students, of which 800 are from developing countries and 300 from Eastern Europe and Central Asia. Each year universities and university colleges in Norway are allocated a certain number of quota students. The scheme normally includes courses taught in English at Masters and Ph.D. level, in addition to certain professional degrees. In order to find out which courses are available under the scheme, please contact the institutions directly. The application deadline varies depending on course and institution. To learn more about the Quota Scheme and find out if you are eligible to apply, please visit the website of The Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Higher Education (SIU) at http://siu.no/en/programoversikt/kvoteordningen NORAD'S PROGRAMME FOR MASTER STUDIES (NOMA) (former Norad Fellowship Programme and The Norwegian Capacity-Building Programme) Norad's Programme for Master Studies provides scholarships for students from developing countries to study Masters and Diploma programmes at institutions in the South. The aim of all educational activities within the NOMA is to educate staff in public and private sector as well as NGOs in the South. Masters programmes will to a greater extent than earlier be established and developed in the South in close collaboration with Norwegian institutions. Around 110 students are accepted into the programme every year. Please note that 2006 will be a transitional year from the former Norad Fellowship Programme (NFP) to the new NOMA orogramme. This means that there will be no application round for students in the fall of 2006. The application round for students will open after February 2007. To learn more about the programme and find out if you are eligible to apply, please visit the website of the NOMA programme below http://siu.no/en/programoversikt/noma

NORWEGIAN GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIPS The Norwegian Government, through the International Scholarship Section (IS) of the Research Council of Norway, offers each academic year a pool of scholarships for advanced students and young researchers. The government scholarships are designed to promote contact and mobility between Norwegian and foreign students and researchers and institutions of higher learning and research. The scholarships are open to all areas of academic studies and research, including applied and performing arts. The scholarships are intended to finance a temporary stay of up to one academic year, and are not intended for completing an education/degree in Norway. To learn more about the scholarships and find out if you are eligible, please see the website of the International Scholarship Section (IS) of the Research Council of Norway below http://www.forskningsradet.no/servlet/Satellite? cid=1174430374127&pagename=internasjonale-stipend/Page/HovedSideEng

FELLOWSHIP PROGRAMME FOR STUDIES IN THE HIGH NORTH The Fellowship Programme for Studies in the High North is a programme for studies at institutions of higher education in Northern Norway and forms part of the Norwegian Governments High North Strategy. Candidates will be selected through institutional agreements, meaning that individual fellowship applications from prospective students is not accepted in this programme. Fellowships may be awarded to students from Russia, the USA and Canada. At least half of the fellowships will be awarded to students from Russia. To learn more about the The Fellowship Programme for Studies in the High North and find out if you are eligible to apply, please visit the website of The Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Higher Education (SIU) below at http://siu.no/en/programoversikt/nordomraadestipend

WORKING PERMIT FOR STUDENTS A student residence permit does not confer the right to take employment in Norway. However, students may apply for part-time work permit and/or a permit to work during

vacations when employment would not interfere with their study progress. Full-time employment for a restricted period of time may also be applied for. FOR STUDENTS FROM COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA/EFTA

A student may work part-time for up to 20 hours per week when a work permit is granted. An application for a work permit should be accompanied by a statement from the institution confirming that the work will not affect the study progress. A letter from the employer stating that the student has a job offer must also be submitted. Students are normally allowed to work full time during semester breaks. Please note that the majority of institutions do not have on-campus work study schemes, and foreign students will have to compete on the regular job market. Applications for a work permit may be submitted to the local police station. Please see the website of the Norwegian police to locate the nearest police station. Students are normally allowed to work full time during semester breaks.

HOW TO AVOID BEING DEPORTED SOON AFTER YOU LAND IN FINLAND, SWEDEN OR DENMARK Truth be told, majority of Nigerians who take advantage of study abroad opportunities do it simply because they want to travel abroad. They want to escape the assumed lack of opportunities for advancement in Nigeria and the bleak economy. And they want to make money quick immediately they land. If you know yourself and life well, you will know that legal money can only be made quietly and using safe means. But our people dont want that, they want fast money, so they rush out and start engaging in illegal activities. If you want to be absolutely safe and avoid getting deported from your country of study, then follow these programs below religiously: Dont associate with people you know engage in illegal stuff. If you mistakenly do that, end the association at once. As long as youre a friend of someone like that, youre already guilty by association. Dont engage in illegal activities like internet fraud, smuggling, drug running, prostitution etc. Michael my friend in Finland, says 13 Nigerians were deported for these crimes and others. And he even knew some of them. Dont engage in street fights or disruptive activities. As much as you were granted a free study opportunity abroad, many of there people still dont like blacks and that includes even law enforcement agents like the Police, Army. If they arrest you on even the slightest charges, theyll trump it up and even blackmail you into getting deported. Dont overly get involved with women, especially married ones. Its said that hell has no fury like a woman scorned. Theyll go to any length for vengeance, and you dont know how far theyll go. Its their country and youre a stranger. Also hell has no more fury than a man you sleep with his wife, or even girlfriend. You may not just get deported, you might get killed.

You will start your process of Admission by University selection. So, I feel its better to start with giving you basic informations about universities in Finland, Sweden and Norway. This section will cover the website and basic email address of all of the Technology Universities and Multi-faculty Universities. The list is arranged on alphabetical order. Please keep in mind that Technology Universities does not offer any other areas of studies than Technology and/or Business. But, Multi-faculty universities also offer technology courses. It means you will find Information Technology program on both Technology and Multi-faculty Universities but you won't find Sociology program in Technology Universities. Go through them and identify the ones that may appeal to you. Despite our huge efforts, we couldnt get all the details so some of them come with only website addresses. You can get other contact details you need like phone numbers, fax numbers and emails by visiting the websites and clicking on their Contact Us link.

FINLAND Universities of Technology

Helsinki University of Technology International Affairs P.O. Box 1100 (Otakaari 1, Espoo) FI-02015 HUT FINLAND Tel. +358 9 451 2110 Fax +358 9 451 5332 E-mail: kv-info@tkk.fi Lappeenranta University of Technology International and Career Services P.O. Box 20 FI-53851 Lappeenranta FINLAND Tel. +358 5 621 6080 Fax +358 5 621 6089 E-mail: ibtm@lut.fi, international.programmes@lut.fi

Tampere University of Technology International Office P.O. Box 527 (Korkeakoulunkatu 10) FI-33101 Tampere FINLAND Tel. +358 3 3115 2447 Fax +358 3 3115 2640 E-mail: interoff@tut.fi

Multi-faculty Universities
bo Akademi University International Office Tavastgatan 13 FI-20500 bo FINLAND Tel. +358 2 215 4836 Fax +358 2 215 3230 E-mail: international@abo.fi University of Helsinki The International Student Services Office P.O. Box 3 (Fabianinkatu 33) FI-00014 University of Helsinki FINLAND Tel. +358 9 191 22604 Fax. +358 9 191 22176 E-mail: admissions@helsinki.fi University of Joensuu Coordinator of International Education International Student Services P.O. Box 111 (Yliopistokatu 2) FI-80101 Joensuu FINLAND Tel. +358 13 251 4301 Fax +358 13 251 2010 E-mail: intnl@joensuu.fi University of Jyvskyl International Office P.O. Box 35 (T) FI-40014 University of Jyvskyl FINLAND Tel. +358 14 260 1086 or 260 1052 Fax +358 14 260 1061 E-mail: intl@jyu.fi

University of Kuopio International Office P.O. Box 1627 FI-70211 Kuopio FINLAND Tel. +358 17 163 372 or +358 17 162 146 Fax +358 17 16 3496 E-mail: intl@uku.fi University of Lapland International Relations P.O. Box 122 (Yliopistonkatu 8) FI-96101 Rovaniemi FINLAND Tel. +358 16 341 341 (switchboard) Fax +358 16 341 4222 E-mail: international.relations@ulapland.fi, studies@ulapland.fi University of Oulu International Relations P.O. Box 8001 FI-90014 University of Oulu FINLAND Tel. +358 8 553 4042 Fax +358 8 553 4041 E-mail: international.office@oulu.fi University of Tampere International Office FI-33014 University of Tampere FINLAND Tel. +358 3 3551 11(swtichboard) Fax +358 3 215 6503 E-mail: intoffice(at)uta.fi University of Turku International Office FI-20014 University of Turku FINLAND Tel. +358 2 333 6582 Fax +358 2 333 6370 E-mail: international(at)utu.fi University of Vaasa International Office P.O. Box 700 FI-65101 Vaasa FINLAND Tel. +358 6 324 8589 or 324 8534 Fax +358 6 324 8179 E-mail: infternational.affairs@uwasa.fi, information@uwasa.fi


There are 14 state universities and 22 state university colleges in Sweden. In addition there are 3 independent higher education institutions that are entitled to offer postgraduate programmes: Chalmers University of Technology, the Stockholm School of Economics and Jnkping University Foundation. There are also 9 independent programme providers that are entitled to offer undergraduate programmes and a number of course providers entitled to award qualifications in psychotherapy.

Institutions entitled to award undergraduate and postgraduate degrees

State institutions Blekinge Institute of Technology http://www.bth.se/eng SE- 371 79 KARLSKRONA Phone: +46 455 38 50 00 Fax: +46 455 38 50 57 E-mail: registrator@bth.se University of Gothenburg http://www.gu.se/english/?languageId=0 Box 100 SE- 405 30 GTEBORG Phone: +46 31 786 00 00 Fax: +46 31 786 10 64 E-mail: info@gu.se Kalmar University College http://www.hik.se/english/ SE- 391 82 KALMAR Phone: +46 480 44 60 00 Fax: +46 480 44 60 32 E-mail: info@hik.se Karlstad University http://www.kau.se/eng/ SE- 651 88 KARLSTAD

Phone: +46 54 700 10 00 Fax: +46 54 700 14 60 E-mail: info@kau.se Karolinska Institutet http://info.ki.se/index_en.html SE- 171 77 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 728 64 00 Fax: +46 8 31 11 01 E-mail: info@ki.se Royal Institute of Technology http://www.kth.se/eng/ SE- 100 44 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 790 60 00 Fax: +46 8 790 65 00 Admission information: admission@admin.kth.se E-mail: registrator@kth.se Linkping University http://www.liu.se/en/ SE- 581 83 LINKPING Phone: +46 13 28 10 00 Fax: +46 13 28 28 25 E-mail: liu@liu.se Lule University of Technology http://www.ltu.se/?l=en SE- 971 87 LULE Phone: +46 920 49 10 00 Fax: +46 920 49 13 99 E-mail: universitetet@ltu.se Lund University http://www.lu.se/o.o.i.s/450 Box 117 SE- 221 00 LUND Phone: +46 46 222 00 00 Fax: +46 46 222 47 11 E-mail: registrator@lu.se Malm University College http://www.mah.se/default____12978.aspx SE- 205 06 MALM Phone: +46 40 665 70 00

Fax: +46 40 665 71 53 E-mail: info@mah.se Mid Sweden University http://www.miun.se/default____22057.aspx SE- 851 70 SUNDSVALL Phone: +46 771 97 50 00 Fax: +46 771 97 50 01 E-mail: info@miun.se Mlardalen University College http://www.mdh.se/webb/sprak/index.shtml.en Box 883 SE- 721 23 VSTERS Phone: +46 21 10 13 00 Fax: +46 21 10 13 20 E-mail: info@mdh.se Stockholm University http://www.su.se/english/ SE- 106 91 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 16 20 00 Fax: +46 8 15 95 22 E-mail: registrator@su.se The Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences http://www.slu.se/?id=580 Box 7070 SE- 750 07 UPPSALA Phone: +46 18 67 10 00 Fax: +46 18 67 20 00 E-mail: registrator@slu.se Ume University http://www.umu.se/umu/index_eng.html SE- 901 87 UME Phone: +46 90 786 50 00 Fax: +46 90 786 54 88 E-mail: umea.universitet@umu.se Uppsala University http://www.uu.se/english Box 256 SE- 751 05 UPPSALA Phone: +46 18 471 00 00

Fax: +46 18 471 20 00 E-mail: registrator@uu.se Vxj University http://www.vxu.se/english/ SE- 351 95 VXJ Phone: +46 470 70 80 00 Fax: +46 470 832 17 E-mail: registrator@vxu.se rebro University http://www.oru.se/templates/oruExtIntroPageLevel2.aspx?id=4965 SE- 701 82 REBRO Phone: +46 19 30 30 00 Fax: +46 19 33 02 38 E-mail: info@oru.se Independent higher education institutions Chalmers University of Technology http://www.chalmers.se/en/ SE- 412 96 GTEBORG Phone: +46 31 772 10 00 Fax: +46 31 772 38 72 E-mail: registrator@chalmers.se Stockholm School of Economics http://www.hhs.se/default.htm Box 6501 SE- 113 83 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 736 90 00 Fax: +46 8 31 81 86 E-mail: info@hhs.se Jnkping University Foundation http://www.hj.se/eng/ Box 1026 SE- 551 11 JNKPING Phone: +46 36 10 10 10 Fax: +46 36 15 08 12 E-mail: info@hj.se Institutions entitled to award undergraduate degrees State institutions

The Swedish National Defence College http://www.fhs.se/en/ Drottning Kristinas vg 37 SE- 115 93 Stockholm Phone: Internationell telefon Fax: Internationell fax E-mail: exp@fhs.se University College of Dance http://www.danshogskolan.se/eng/index.html Box 27043 SE- 102 51 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 459 05 00 Fax: +46 8 459 05 10 E-mail: info@danshogskolan.se University College of Film, Radio, Television and Theatre http://www.draminst.se/start/inenglish/ Box 27090 SE- 102 51 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 55 57 20 00 Fax: +46 8 55 57 20 05 E-mail: kansli@draminst.se University College of Physical Education and Sports http://www.ihs.se/templates/ihsNormalPage.aspx?id=729 Box 5626 SE- 114 86 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 402 22 00 Fax: +46 8 402 22 80 E-mail: mailto:registrator@ihs.se Dalarna University College http://www.du.se/en SE- 791 88 FALUN Phone: +46 23 77 80 00 Fax: +46 23 77 80 80 E-mail: registrator@du.se Bors University College http://www.hb.se/english/ SE- 501 90 BORS Phone: +46 33 435 40 00 Fax: +46 33 435 40 01 E-mail: registrator@hb.se

Gvle University College http://www.hig.se//ufk/is/introduction.html SE- 801 76 GVLE Phone: +46 26 64 85 00 Fax: +46 26 64 86 86 E-mail: registrator@hig.se Halmstad University College http://www.hh.se/english Box 823 SE- 301 18 HALMSTAD Phone: +46 35 16 71 00 Fax: +46 35 14 85 33 E-mail: registrator@hh.se Skvde University College http://www.his.se/english Box 408 SE- 541 28 SKVDE Phone: +46 500 44 80 00 Fax: +46 500 41 63 25 E-mail: info@his.se Kristianstad University College http://www.hkr.se/?epslanguage=EN SE- 291 88 KRISTIANSTAD Phone: +46 44 20 30 00 Fax: +46 44 12 96 51 E-mail: info@hkr.se Gotland University College http://mainweb.hgo.se/adm/eng.nsf/($all)/DB52D035D82A2107C1256E2900471081? OpenDocument SE- 621 67 VISBY Phone: +46 498 29 99 00 Fax: +46 498 29 99 62 E-mail: info@hgo.se University West http://www.hv.se/extra/pod/?module_instance=9 SE- 461 86 TROLLHTTAN Phone: +46 520-22 30 00 Fax: +46 520-22 30 99 E-mail: registrator@hv.se

University College of Art, Craft and Design http://www.konstfack.se/konstfack/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=10&t=1&l=en Box 3601 SE- 126 27 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 450 41 00 Fax: +46 8 783 05 63 E-mail: info@konstfack.se Royal University College of Music in Stockholm http://www.kmh.se/home_en.php Box 27711 SE- 115 91 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 16 18 00 Fax: +46 8 664 14 24 E-mail: info@kmh.se The Royal University College of Fine Arts http://www.kkh.se/english/megaFrame.html Box 16315 SE- 103 26 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 614 40 00 Fax: +46 8 679 86 26 E-mail: info@kkh.se Stockholm Institute of Education SE- Phone: Fax: E-mail: lararutbildningar@su.se Stockholm University College of Opera http://www.operahogskolan.se/sidor/english/english_index.htm Teknikringen 35 SE- 114 28 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 545 810 60 Fax: +46 8 545 810 61 E-mail: registrator@operahogskolan.se Sdertrn University College http://www.sh.se/english Alfred Nobels all 7 SE- 141 89 HUDDINGE Phone: +46 8 608 40 00 Fax: +46 8 608 40 10 E-mail: info@sh.se Stockholm University College of Acting http://www.teaterhogskolan.se/InEnglish/

Box 10038 SE- 10055 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 556 093 00 Fax: +46 8 702 95 80 E-mail: info@teaterhogskolan.se Independent programme providers Beckmans College of Design http://www.beckmans.se/ Nybrogatan 8 SE- 114 34 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 660 20 20 Fax: +46 8 665 00 87 E-mail: info@beckmans.se Ersta Skndal University College http://www.esh.se/?id=1&L=1&big= Box 11189 SE- 100 61 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 555 050 00 Fax: +46 8 555 050 60 E-mail: info@esh.se Gammelkroppa School of Forestry http://www.gammelkroppa.pp.se/indexEng.html Box 64 SE- 682 22 FILIPSTAD Phone: +46 18 16 99 00 Fax: +46 18 169 910 E-mail: skogsskolan@gammelkroppa.pp.se Johannelund Theological Seminary http://www.johannelund.nu/ Heidenstamsgatan 75 SE- 754 27 UPPSALA Phone: +46 18 16 99 00 Fax: +46 18 169 910 E-mail: johannelund@efs.svenskakyrkan.se The Red Cross University College of Nursing http://www.rkh.se/html/english.htm Teknikringen SE- 114 28 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 690 01 00

Fax: +46 8 690 01 90 E-mail: info@rkh.se Sophiahemmet University College http://www.sophiahemmet.se/fp_eng.html Box 5605 SE- 114 86 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 406 20 00 Fax: +46 8 10 29 09 E-mail: info@sophiahemmethogskola.se Stockholms Musikpedagogiska Institut, University College of Music Education http://www.smpi.se/smi/eng.html Box 26164 SE- 100 41 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 611 05 02 Fax: +46 8 611 52 61 E-mail: info@smpi.se Stockholm School of Theology http://www.ths.se/english.html keshovsvgen 29 SE- 168 39 Bromma Phone: +46 8 564 357 00 Fax: +46 8 564 357 06 E-mail: ths@ths.se rebro Theological Seminary http://www.orebromissionsskola.se/index.aspx?site=main&page=283 Box 1623 SE- 701 16 REBRO Phone: +46 19 30 77 50 Fax: +46 19 30 77 79 E-mail: missionsskolan@evangeliskafrikyrkan.se Programmes in psychotherapy Beteendeterapeutiska Freningen (BTF) http://www.kbt.nu/ Box 1510 SE- 751 45 UPPSALA Phone: +46 8 700 00 83 Fax: E-mail:

Center fr Cognitiv Psykoterapi och Utbildning i Gteborg AB http://www.cognitivterapi-gbg.se/ Thorilds grnd 1 SE- 442 31 KUNGLV Phone: +46 303 20 75 60 Fax: +46 303 20 75 61 E-mail: info@cognitivterapi-gbg.se The Erica Foundation http://www.ericastiftelsen.se/eng/eng.htm Odengatan 9 SE- 114 24 Stockholm Phone: +46 8 402 17 60 Fax: +46 8 10 96 91 E-mail: mail@ericastiftelsen.se The S:t Lukas organization http://www.st-lukas.se/ Box 17240 SE- 104 62 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 658 48 84 Fax: +46 8 669 47 19 E-mail: info@st-lukas.se Gteborgs Psykoterapi Institut http://www.gpsi.se/ Vasagatan 16 SE- 411 24 GTEBORG Phone: +46 31 711 97 51 Fax: +46 31 711 50 49 E-mail: Linnstadens Psykoterapi Institut (LPI) Jrntorget 4 SE- 413 04 GTEBORG Phone: Fax: E-mail: lpi@telia.com Otterhllans Institut fr Psykoanalys Kungsgatan 10 A SE- 411 19 GTEBORG Phone: +46 31 774 09 29 Fax: E-mail: otterh.inst@swipnet.se Psykoterapisllskapet i Stockholm AB http://www.psykoterapisallskapet.se/ettan.htm

Liljeholmsvgen 30 B SE- 117 61 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 462 12 20 Fax: +46 8 462 12 29 E-mail: hela@psykoterapisallskapet.se Stiftelsen Stockholms Akademi fr Psykoterapiutbildning http://www.sapu.se/ Brnnkyrkagatan 76 SE- 118 23 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 642 10 24 Fax: +46 8 642 10 24 E-mail: info@sapu.se Svenska Institutet fr kognitiv psykoterapi Sabbatsbergs Sjukhus Box 640 SE- 113 82 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 690 52 60 Fax: E-mail: The Swedish Psychoanalytical Society http://www.spaf.a.se/english/introduction/introduction.html Vsterlnggatan 60 SE- 111 29 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 10 80 95 Fax: +46 8 10 80 95 E-mail: SPAF@SPAF.a.se Svenska psykoanalytiska sllskapet http://www.spas.nu Upplandsgatan 83 SE- 113 44 STOCKHOLM Phone: +46 8 33 82 58 Fax: +46 8 33 64 18 E-mail: info@spas.nu NOTE: Please contact Johan Bryggare, e-mail: forename.surname@hsv.se for an updated version of this list if you want it. Sweden only

No matter what your academic interests are Norway can offer a wide variety of institutions all with their own distinct profile. And the difference in geographic location, from the rugged islands of Svalbard in the Arctic to the capital city Oslo, makes each institution a perfect starting point for unique nature experiences. The Norwegian higher education sector consists of seven universities, six specialised university institutions, 24 state university colleges, two national academies of the arts, and 29 private colleges. For more information about each institution, please click on the links below. Universities Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB) Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) University of Agder (UiA) University of Bergen (UiB) University of Oslo (UiO) University of Stavanger (UiS) University of Troms (UiT)

Specialised university institutions BI - Norwegian School of Management MF Norwegian School of Theology NHH Norwegian Academy of Music (NMH) Norwegian School of Sport Sciences (NIH) Norwegian School of Veterinary Science Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO) School of Mission and Theology In addition to the specialised university institutions Norway has two university centres: University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) University Graduate Center at Kjeller (UNIK)

State university colleges Akershus University College Bergen University College Bod University College

Buskerud University College Finnmark University College Gjvik University College Harstad University College Hedmark University College Lillehammer University College Molde University College Narvik University College Nesna University College Nord-Trndelag University College Oslo University College Saami University College Sogn og Fjordane University College Stord/Haugesund University College Sr-Trndelag University College Telemark University College Troms University College Vestfold University College Volda University College stfold University College Aalesund University College

National institutes of the arts Bergen National Academy of the Arts (KHiB) Oslo National Academy of the Arts (KHiO) Thanks for reading SUNDAU UDOH