Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 6

Republic Act No. 7192.

Women in Development and Nation Building Act (Promulgated February 12, 1992)

the amount to be allocated for the development activity involving women. Sec. 4. Mandate. The NEDA, with the assistance

Section 1. Title. This Act shall be cited as the "Women in Development and Nation Building Act." Sec. 2. Declaration of Policy. The State

of the National Commission on the Role of Filipino Women, shall ensure that the different government departments, including its agencies and instrumentalities which, directly or indirectly, affect the participation of women in national development and their integration therein: (1) Formulate and prioritize rural or or

recognizes the role of women in nation building and shall ensure the fundamental equality before the law of women and men. The State shall provide women rights and opportunities equal to that of men. To attain the foregoing policy: (1) A substantial portion of official received development assistance funds




projects, provide income and employment opportunities to women in the rural areas and thus, prevent their heavy migration from rural to urban or foreign countries; (2) Include an assessment of the extent to which process their and programs in the of and/or the impact projects of said integrate women development

from foreign governments and multilateral agencies and organizations shall be set aside and utilized to by the agencies and shall concerned (2) All support programs

activities for women; government departments ensure that women benefit equally and participate directly in the development programs and projects of said department, specifically those funded under official foreign development assistance, to ensure the full participation and involvement of women in the development process; and (3) All government circulars, departments issuances and and agencies shall review and revise all their regulations, procedures to remove gender bias therein. Sec. 3. Responsible be Agency. for The National the

programs or projects on women, including their implications in enhancing the selfreliance of women in improving their income; (3) Ensure the active participation and/or of women and women's organizations in the development design, programs projects including their involvement in the planning, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation thereof; (4) Collect sex-disaggregated data and include such data in its program/project paper, proposal or strategy; (5) Ensure that programs and/or projects are designed so that the percentage of women who receive assistance is approximately proportionate to either their traditional participation in the targeted activities or their proportion of the population, whichever is higher. Otherwise,

Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) shall primarily responsible ensuring participation of women as recipients in foreign aid, grants and loans. It shall determine and recommend

the following should be stated in the program/project strategy; (a) The obstacle in achieving the goal; (b) The steps being taken to overcome those obstacles; and (c) To the extent that steps are not being taken to overcome those obstacles, why they are not being taken. (6) Assist women in activities that are of critical significance to their self-reliance and development. Sec. 5. Equality in Capacity to Act. Women of legal age, regardless of civil status, shall have the capacity to act and enter into contracts which shall in every respect be equal to that of men under similar circumstances. In all contractual situations where married men have the capacity to act, married women shall have equal rights. To this end: (1) Women shall have the capacity to borrow and obtain loans and execute security and credit arrangement under the same conditions as men; (2) Women shall have equal access to all government and private sector programs granting agricultural credit, loans and nonmaterial resources and shall enjoy equal treatment in agrarian reform and land resettlement programs; (3) Women shall have equal rights to act as incorporators and enter into insurance contracts; and (4) Married women shall have rights equal to those of married men in applying for Sec. Sec. civic paper, proposal or

passport, secure visas and other travel documents, without need to secure the consent of their spouses. In all other similar contractual relations, women shall enjoy equal rights and shall have the capacity to act which shall in every respect be equal to those of men under similar circumstances 6. Equal Membership in Clubs. Women and recreational and similar clubs, other committees, organizations

shall enjoy equal access to membership in all social, associations

devoted to public purpose. They shall be entitled to the same rights and privileges accorded to their spouses if they belong to the same organization. 7. Admission to Military Schools. Any of the law shall be to the accorded contrary equal

provision services,

notwithstanding, consistent with the needs of the women opportunities for appointment, admission, training, graduation and commissioning in all military or similar schools of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Philippine National Police not later than the fourth academic year following the approval of this Act in accordance with the standards required for men except for those minimum essential adjustments required by physiological differences between sexes. Sec. 8. Voluntary Pag-IBIG, GSIS and SSS Coverage. Married persons who devote full time to managing the household and family affairs shall, upon the working spouse's consent, be entitled to voluntaryPag-IBIG (Pagtutulungan Ikaw, Bangko, Industriya at Gobyerno), Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) or Social Security System (SSS) coverage to the extent of one-half (1/2) of the salary and compensation of the working

spouse. The contributions due thereon shall be deducted from the salary of the working spouse. The GSIS or the SSS, as the case may be, shall issue rules and regulations necessary to effectively implement the provisions of this section. Sec. 9. Implementing Rules. The NEDA, in Republic Act 9262 Anti-Violence against Women and their Children Act of 2004Signed : July 28, 2004 Republic Act No. 9262 of 2004 or the AntiViolence Against Women and their Children provides protection for abused women and their children against their partners or former male partners or those with whom they had or are having a dating relationship. RA 9262 penalizes the commission of violence against women their children (VAWC) in the context of domestic violence or violence in intimate relationships. It defines VAWC as any act or a series of acts committed by any person against a woman who is his wife, former wife, or with whom the person has or had a sexual or dating relationship, Sec. 11. Separability Clause. If for any reason any section or provision of this Act is declared unconstitutional or invalid, the other sections or provisions hereof which are not affected thereby shall continue to be in full force and effect. Sec. 12. Repealing Clause. The provisions of or with whom he has a common child, or against her child whether legitimate or illegitimate, within or without the family abode, which results in or is likely to result in physical, sexual, psychological harm or suffering, or economic abuse including threats of such acts, battery, assault, coercion, harassment or arbitrary deprivation of liberty. The Law also provides for the security of the complainant and her family through the availment of barangay, temporary, or permanent protection orders. The Law clearly identifies the duties of barangay officials, law enforcers, prosecutors, court personnel, healthcare providers and other government agencies and LGUs to provide the Sec. 13. Effectivity Clause. The rights of women and all the provisions of this Act shall take effect immediately upon its publication in the Official Gazette or in two (2) newspapers of general circulation. necessary protection and support services to VAWC victims. Furthermore, the Law recognizes Battered Woman Syndrome which refers to a scientifically defined pattern of psychological or behavioral symptoms found in women living in battering Republic Act No. 386, otherwise known as the Civil Code of the Philippines, as amended, and of Executive Order No. 209, otherwise known as the Family Code of the Philippines, and all laws, decrees, executive orders, proclamations, rules and regulations, or parts thereof, inconsistent herewith are hereby repealed.

consultation with the different government agencies concerned, shall issue rules and regulations as may be necessary for the effective implementation of Sections 2, 3 and 4, of this Act within six (6) months from its effectivity. Sec. 10. Compliance Report. Within six (6)

months from theeffectivity of this Act and every six (6) months thereafter, all government departments, including its agencies and instrumentalities, shall submit a report to Congress on their compliance with this Act.

relationships as a result of cumulative abuse, as an acceptable defense for actions committed by the victim as a result of battering. Violence worldwide against women The is undeniably World a

civil register without need of a judicial order. RA 9048 amends Articles 376 and 412 of the Civil Code of the Philippines, which prohibit the change of name or surname of a person, or any correction or change of entry in a civil register without a judicial order. President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo approved the act on 22 March 2001. With the law taking effect on 22 April 2001, the Civil Registrar-General promulgated Administrative Order No. 1 Series of 2001, which was published in the newspaper in August that year. WHAT CORRECTIONS CAN BE MADE BY RA 9048? RA 9048 allows these corrections: 1. Correction of clerical or typographical errors in any entry in civil registry documents, except corrections involving the change in sex, age, nationality and status of a person. (A clerical or typographical error refers to an obvious mistake committed in clerical work, either in writing, copying, transcribing, or typing an entry in the civil register that is harmless and innocuous, such as a misspelled name or misspelled place of birth and the like, and can be corrected or changed only by reference to other existing record or records.) 2. Change of a person's first name in his/her civil registry document under certain grounds specified under the law through administrative process. WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS UNDER RA 9048



Organization (WHO) accounts that half of all women who die from homicide are killed by their current or former husbands and partners. In the Philippines alone, existing data indicate that violence against women is a pervasive social problem taking into account those cases that often go unreported due to the sensitivity of the issue. The Philippine National Police (PNP) documented a total of 1,100 to 7,383 cases of violence against women, even before the ratification of R.A. 9262, from 1996 to 2004. The highest record was in 2001 at 10,343. Cases reported included physical injuries, wife battering and rape (incestuous and attempted). For the first three quarters of 2005, there were 4,240 violence against women cases reported to the PNP and 2,826 WEDC cases served by the DSWD. Both the police and social welfare records show that battering and rape were the most common types of reported violence against women cases.*

*As cited in Mallorca-Bernabe, Grace N., A Deeper Look At Violence Against Women (VAW): The Philippine Case (NCRFW), 2005

Republic Act (RA) 9048. Change of Name WHAT IS REPUBLIC ACT 9048? Republic Act (RA) 9048 authorizes the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general to correct a clerical or typographical error in an entry and/or change the first name or nickname in the

THAT THE PETITIONER NEEDS TO COMPLY WITH? (1) The petitioner finds the first name or nickname to be ridiculous, tainted with dishonor or extremely difficult to write or pronounce; (2) The new first name or nickname has been habitually and continuously used by the petitioner and he has been publicly known by that first name

or nickname in the community; or, (3) The change will avoid confusion. WHO MAY FILE THE PETITION?

* Erroneous entry to be corrected and proposed correction; first name to be changed and the proposed new first name WHAT SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED

Whether it is for correction of clerical or typographical error, or for change of first name, the petition may be filed by a person of legal age who must have a direct and personal interest in the correction of the error or in the change of first name in the civil register. A person is considered of legal age when he is eighteen years old and above. Thus, a minor (less than eighteen years old) cannot by himself file a petition, either for correction of clerical or typographical error or for change of his first name. Only the following persons are considered to have a direct and personal interest in the correction of clerical error or change of first name: 1. Owner of the record that contains the error to be corrected or first name to be changed 2. Owner's spouse, children, parents, brothers, sisters, grandparents, guardian, or any other person duly authorized by law or by the owner of the document sought to be corrected. WHAT SHOULD BE THE FORM AND CONTENT OF THE PETITION? The petition, whether it is for correction of clerical error or for a change of first name, should be accomplished properly and in the prescribed form. Section 5 of RA 9048 and Rule 8 of Administrative Order No. 1, S. 2001 require that the petition should be in the form of an affidavit, hence, it should be subscribed and sworn to before a person authorized to administer oath. Basically, the petition must contain the following facts or information: * Merits of the petition * Competency of the petitioner

FOR CORRECTING A CLERICAL OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERROR IN A CIVIL REGISTRY DOCUMENT? The petition shall not be processed unless the petitioner supports it with the required documents. The supporting documents should be authentic and genuine, otherwise, the petition shall be denied or disapproved pursuant to Rule 5.8 of Administrative Order No. 1, S. 2001. The following supporting documents are admissible as basic requirements: 1. Certified machine copy of the certificate containing the alleged erroneous entry or entries 2. Not less than 2 public or private documents upon which the correction shall be based. Examples of these documents are the following: baptismal certificate, voter's affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, school record, business record, driver's license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants, and others. 3. Notice and Certificate of Posting 4. Certified machine copy of the Official Receipt of the filing fee 5. Other documents as may be required by the City/Municipal Civil Registrar (C/MCR) WHAT ARE THE SUPPORTING PAPERS FOR CHANGE OF FIRST NAME? As in the case of correction of clerical error, no petition for change of first name shall be accepted unless the petitioner submits the required supporting papers, as follows: 1. All the documents required of the petitioner for the correction of clerical error shall also be required

of the petitioner for change of first name. 2. Clearance from authorities such as clearance from employer, if employed; the National Bureau of Investigation; the Philippine National Police; and other clearances as may be required by the concerned C/MCR. 3. Proof of Publication. An affidavit of publication from the publisher and copy of the newspaper clippings should be attached. HOW MUCH IS THE FEE IN FILING A PETITION? The C/MCR and the District/Circuit Registrar (D/CR) are authorized to collect from every petitioner the following rates of filing fees: * One thousand pesos (P1,000.00) for the correction of clerical error * Three thousand pesos (P3,000.00) for the change of first name In the case of a petition filed with the Consul General (CG), the fees are the same for all Philippine Consulates. The fees are the following: * Fifty U.S. dollars ($50.00) for the correction of clerical or typographical error * One hundred fifty U.S. dollars ($150.00) for the change of first name A migrant petitioner shall pay an additional service fee to the Petition Receiving Civil Registrar (PRCR). This service fee shall accrue to the local treasury of the PRCR. * Five hundred pesos (P500.00) for correction of clerical or typographical error * One thousand pesos (P1,000.00) for change of first name WHERE SHOULD THE PETITION BE FILED? The general rule is that petition shall be filed with the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO) where the record containing the clerical error to be corrected or first name to be changed is kept. Included in this

general rule is the case of the Office of the Clerk of Shari'a Court where records of divorces, revocations of divorces, conversions to Islam are kept and where some Muslim marriages are registered. However, in case the petitioner is a migrant within or outside the Philippines, meaning his present residence or domicile is different from where his civil registry record or records are registered, he may file the petition in the nearest LCRO in his area. His petition will be treated as a migrant petition.