Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 13

CONTAINER FREIGHT STATION, MULUND

BY - VINAY GUPTA ABDUL QADER (08) (09)

NIKHIL KHOBRAGADE (14)

CFS MULUND - INTRODUCTION

Established in November 1991.

The Container Freight Station (CFS), Mulund is situated 29


Kms from Mumbai City on the Eastern Express Highway, just 3 Kms short of Thane.

It spreads over an area of 35.88 acres (1,47,520 sq. Mtrs) with the Indian Railways Central Line bisecting it into Mulund (East) and Mulund (West). Mulund (West) spread over 12.88 acres (51, 520 Sq. Mtrs) accommodates Export Department and Mulund (E) covering 24 acres (96000 Sq. Mtrs) has the Import Department of the CFS.

... CONTI

In November 1995, Mulund was notified as customs area for the purpose of Import and CFS operations were expanded to

import as well, though only of certain specified cargo such as


waste paper, PVC resin, metal scrap, woolen rags etc.

Like exports, the import operations were initially limited to de-

stuffing of containers and examination / clearance of cargo.

The Bills of entry were filed in the Customs House and assessed by the respective appraising groups. The Customs duty too was paid in the Custom House. In other words, the CFS-Mulund (East) functioned as an integral part of the Import Department of Bombay Custom House.

CUSTODIAN

The Department has appointed Container Corp. of India (CONCOR), a Government of India Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways, as the custodian of the Customs area notified at Mulund for the purpose of stuffing, de-stuffing, examination and clearance of containerized cargo.

However, CONCOR has, from the very beginning, entered into an agreement with Indira Rashtriya Kamgar Sahakari Society Ltd. (IRKSS), ( a Mulund based entity with former Maharashtra Chief Minister/Defence Minister Shri Sharad Pawar as its honorary president), and thereby entrusted the latter with nearly all the CFS operations like handling and

transportation of containers from Mulund to Nhava Sheva/Mumbai port


and vice versa as also of handling of cargo within the CFS premises.

GATEWAY PORT / AIRPORT

The containerized export cargo sealed at CFS feeds both the Nhava Sheva and Mumbai Ports. The cargo moves by road on the trailers belonging to M/s. Seaport Container Terminal Ltd. About 80% of the containers go to Nhava Sheva Port and the remaining 20 % to Mumbai Port.

The import cargo on the other hand comes entirely from Nhava Sheva by
rail (90%) via Panvel, Diva and Thane (about 70 Km journey) as well as by road (10%).

CONCOR has also been allowed to transport export cargo in Customssealed trucks from CFS Mulund to Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Sahar (w. e. f. October 2000) and to Ahmedabad Airport (w. e. f. June 2001) for its shipment by air

INFRASTRUCTURE

Paved Area Admin Area Warehouse Equipments Security And Firefighting

IT Infrastructure
Port and Other Facilities

PAVED AREA

CFS MULUND (WEST)-EXPORTS(Mumbai) (code)

Paved Area - 26,000 sq. mts.

ADMIN

AREA

Commissioned 1991 Total Area - 52,000 sq. mts. Paved Area - 26,000 sq. mts. Warehouse space - 4300 sq. mtrs. Equipment -1 top lifter, 1 loaded sling crane, 2 Empty container fork lifts, 10 Cargo handling forklifts.

WAREHOUSE

EQUIPMENTS

SECURITY

IT

OTHER SERVICES

Main Services offered Export Logistics Octroi Duty Payment LCL and FCL clearence under one roof