Vous êtes sur la page 1sur 18
Krishi Vigyan Kendra Presented by Talluri Prasanth T. Sukesh Gupta B. Govardhan Koushik
Krishi Vigyan Kendra
Presented by
Talluri Prasanth
T. Sukesh Gupta
B. Govardhan Koushik

Bhagavatula Charitable Trust

(BCT)

  • A non profit organization

  • Working towards the transformation of rural India

  • Active in the villages of Visakhapatnam District, Andhra Pradesh since 1976

What they do

  • Work in the diverse areas that touch the day to day lives of villagers

o Education o Rehabilitation of the challenged o Health Care o Agriculture Research

o

Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK)

o Wasted Land Management

KVK
KVK
KVK (contd……)  Is a front-line agricultural extension center financed by the Indian Council of Agricultural
KVK
(contd……)
Is a front-line agricultural extension center financed by
the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Education of farmers
Fills the extension gap

KVK

(contd……)

  • At present,

o Total KVKs = 642 o Under SAU & CAU = 435 o Under ICAR institutes = 55 o Under NGO’s = 100 o Under state Govt. = 35 o Other Educational institutes = 17

About our project  We are nine students doing project in KVK  We were given
About our project
We are nine students doing project in KVK
We were given three villages
We have to do a survey regarding farming practices,
its inputs and its allied activities in villages
• Jaggannapeta
• Marrepalem
•Maduthuru
Our sample size per village is 20
Survey Highlights Farmer families Classification 100, 10% Women headed farm 200, 20% families SC/ST farm families
Survey Highlights
Farmer families Classification
100, 10%
Women headed farm
200, 20%
families
SC/ST farm families
700, 70%
Remaining Families
Farmer categories Farmer Category Number of farming families Percentage 450 families Small (0 - 2.5 acres)
Farmer categories
Farmer Category
Number of farming families
Percentage
450
families
Small
(0 - 2.5 acres)
45%
25
families
Medium (2.5 - 5 acres)
2.50%
25
families
Large
(
>5 acres
)
2.50%
500
families
Landless
50%
1000 families
Total
100%
Cultivable Land (in acres) 500, 33% Remaining land Cultivable land 1000, 67%
Cultivable Land (in acres)
500, 33%
Remaining land
Cultivable land
1000, 67%
Bore Vs Rainfall Irrigation Based on Bore water 50%, 50% 50%, 50% Based on Rainfall
Bore Vs Rainfall
Irrigation
Based on Bore water
50%, 50%
50%, 50%
Based on Rainfall
  • Topography

Plain

-- 70%

Hilly

-- 20%

Coastal

-- 10%

  • Major Crops

Sugarcane Vegetables Boppay

Problems faced by farmers No proper water facilities Shortage of labour to work in fields Heavily
Problems faced by farmers
No proper water facilities
Shortage of labour to work in fields
Heavily based on bore
for irrigation
Increasing cost of pesticides and quality of seeds available
in the market.

Solution

  • The main problem in this village is the system of agriculture which has a lot of middle men involved in between famers and buyers.

  • We have to bring all farming and its allied activities under one roof.

  • For example say,

“Maduthuru Village Society of Farming and its Allied Activities (MVSFAA)

MVSFAA

  • Each and every farmer (including landless) in the village and the labour should be registered in the society

  • The society is headed by the president of the village and he will be supported by the working committee

  • All inputs for irrigation and outputs should pass through this society

Functions of MVSFAA

  • Inputs of farming

    • Providing seeds, Pesticides, Labour, Tractors and other useful machinery on rent

  • Outputs of farming

    • Sale of produced yield, Settlement of money to farmours, Labour, Identifying potential buyers of milk and thereby encouraging the livestock activities in the village

  • Welfare activities in village

    • What ever the money earned by the society as profit will be spent for

the welfare of village like maintaining canals and storing rain water,

education to poor children

Thank You